On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Fernando P. email@example.com
Here are my questions:
- What does the returns(Episode.all) mean?
This calls Episode.all one time and stores the result. When Episode
receives :search_publishe with ‘foo’, that’s what it returns. Make
- Is it stubbing what the search_published method returns?
- Is it useful to add the returns(Episode.all) method call here?
If you don’t, nothing will be returned. If the application code relies
on the return value, then it is definitely useful - necessary, in
- Whats the difference with and_return(Episode.all)?
No semantic difference - different library (see below).
- Shouldn’t we only test for:
No - the returns statement is not part of the expectation - it’s the
value to return when search_published is received.
I also forgot to add:
What’s the difference between expects and should_receive? I can get my
head around it.
Two different mocking libraries:
mocha (used in the screen cast):