DLR hosting

it will show that so far I’ve been working with instead of on IronRuby
:slight_smile:
And then I’ve been focussed on using the Ruby language and .NET from
Ruby
instead of using C# to host Ironruby.
I’m using a debug build from IronRuby and the weird thing is that I have
add ClassHierarchyLocker.

        var controllerRubyClass =

ScriptRuntime.Globals.GetVariable(controllerRubyClassName);
string controllerRubyMethodName = null;
using (rubyContext.ClassHierarchyLocker())
{
controllerRubyClass.EnumerateMethods((_, symbolId, __)
=>
{
if
(String.Equals(symbolId, actionName,

StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))
{

controllerRubyMethodName = symbolId;
return
true;
}
return
false;
});
}

The question I have here is: Why do I need the ClassHierarchyLocker ?

Cheers Ivan

It’s part of Tomas’ thread-safety work. To enumerate the methods
safely, you need to ensure that another thread isn’t modifying the
method list.

it will show that so far I’ve been working with instead of on IronRuby
:slight_smile: And then I’ve been focussed on using the Ruby language and .NET from
Ruby instead of using C# to host Ironruby.

I’m using a debug build from IronRuby and the weird thing is that I have
to add ClassHierarchyLocker.