Differences between USRP2 rev 3 and rev 4 boards

I am wondering what are the differences between the USRP2 rev 3 board
and the rev 4 board?

I have one of each (one I ordered maybe a year ago and one I ordered
this past summer), and I don’t see any differences on the board itself.
I understand that the versions of the FPGA image and the firmware that
shipped on the SD card from the factory would be different, since over a
year of time elapsed between my purchasing the two boards. But what else
is different? I can’t find a changelog for the USRP2 boards anywhere.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Steve McMahon

On 10/12/2010 02:22 PM, Steve M. wrote:

I am wondering what are the differences between the USRP2 rev 3 board
and the rev 4 board?

I have one of each (one I ordered maybe a year ago and one I ordered
this past summer), and I don’t see any differences on the board
itself. I understand that the versions of the FPGA image and the
firmware that shipped on the SD card from the factory would be
different, since over a year of time elapsed between my purchasing
the two boards. But what else is different? I can’t find a changelog
for the USRP2 boards anywhere.

Some clocks were reorganized for layout reasons and the PPS input
circuit was modified to have a more consistent delay. The same FPGA
image works for both.

Matt

For now it doesn’t do anything. If you’d like to connect it in the
verilog you are welcome to.

Matt

On 10/13/2010 03:04 PM, Matt E. wrote:

For now it doesn’t do anything. If you’d like to connect it in the
verilog you are welcome to.

Matt

Paint it red, and label it “Do Not Push This Button” :slight_smile:

Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium

What’s the push button for?

Dave

I am wondering what are the differences between the USRP2 rev 3 board
and the rev 4 board?

I have one of each (one I ordered maybe a year ago and one I ordered
this past summer), and I don’t see any differences on the board
itself. I understand that the versions of the FPGA image and the
firmware that shipped on the SD card from the factory would be
different, since over a year of time elapsed between my purchasing
the two boards. But what else is different? I can’t find a changelog
for the USRP2 boards anywhere.

Some clocks were reorganized for layout reasons and the PPS input
circuit was
modified to have a more consistent delay. The same FPGA image works for
both.

Matt

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list