Detecting IE for my style sheet

I have a two style sheets. One for IE and one for all the other
browsers.

Now I need browser detection so I know which style sheet to load.

I understand that there is request.user_agent.

My question is what is the string I need to test for?

Thanks for your time in advance,

Mitch

Why not simply use an HTML conditional statement such as:

I haven’t used this before, though TextMate has it built in under
conditionals within the HTML commands. This one would actually be
better:

IE Conditional Comment: NOT Internet Explorer

Let me know if that helps!

~Dustin T.

On Jul 29, 7:38 am, Mitchell G. [email protected]

Dustin T. wrote:

Why not simply use an HTML conditional statement such as:

I haven’t used this before, though TextMate has it built in under
conditionals within the HTML commands. This one would actually be
better:

IE Conditional Comment: NOT Internet Explorer

Let me know if that helps!

~Dustin T.

On Jul 29, 7:38�am, Mitchell G. [email protected]

Hey Dustin,
I was using that and it works fine. However I need to switch to switch
css pages depending on the browser because I need to change the size of
the font with css.
So I was thinking of detecting the browser on the server. Then directing
to the appropriate css file.
Have any ideas on this?

Mitch

I’m confused… why would conditional comments prevent you from changing
the
font size?

Set it in the main style sheet, override it in the IE sheet.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Mitchell G. <

Brian H. wrote:

I’m confused… why would conditional comments prevent you from changing
the
font size?

Set it in the main style sheet, override it in the IE sheet.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Mitchell G. <

Thanks I just realized that. I know what to do.

Thanks for that. Cheers,

Mitch

Bill W. wrote:

Hi Mitch,

Mitchell G. wrote:

I have a two style sheets. One for IE and one
for all the other browsers.

Now I need browser detection so I know which
style sheet to load.

I understand that there is request.user_agent.

My question is what is the string I need to test for?

This thread should help.

http://lists.rubyonrails.org/pipermail/rails/2006-April/032625.html

Best regards,
Bill

Thanks Bill that will come in handy,

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Mitchell G. wrote:

I have a two style sheets. One for IE and one
for all the other browsers.

Now I need browser detection so I know which
style sheet to load.

I understand that there is request.user_agent.

My question is what is the string I need to test for?

This thread should help.

http://lists.rubyonrails.org/pipermail/rails/2006-April/032625.html

Best regards,
Bill

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs