Depreciation warning when running a db migrate!

Hey,
Whenever i try and run a db migrate i get this error:

DEPRECATION WARNING: Rake tasks in vendor/plugins/livevalidation/tasks
and vendor/plugins/restful-authentication/tasks are deprecated. Use
lib/tasks instead. (called from
/Users/Zack/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/tasks/rails.rb:10)

I tried moving the different plugins task rake files to lib/tasks and i
got no error but the database did not migrate. How can I fix this?

Many thanks,

jakx12.

On 19 August 2010 19:25, Zack N. [email protected] wrote:

Hey,
Whenever i try and run a db migrate i get this error:

DEPRECATION WARNING: Rake tasks in vendor/plugins/livevalidation/tasks
and vendor/plugins/restful-authentication/tasks are deprecated. Use
lib/tasks instead. (called from
/Users/Zack/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/tasks/rails.rb:10)

You can ignore this, it is just a warning that the plugins rake tasks
are not in what is now considered the correct folder. It is possible
that there are later versions of the plugins that sort the problem.

Colin

On 19 August 2010 22:52, Zack N. [email protected] wrote:

You can ignore this, it is just a warning that the plugins rake tasks
are not in what is now considered the correct folder. It is possible
that there are later versions of the plugins that sort the problem.

Colin

Ok thanks, but it still never migrates the database…

In that case there must be something else wrong. Post the migration
file (and it’s name) and the full output from the migrate. Also the
file db/schema.rb and we will see if we can work out what is
happening.

Colin

Colin L. wrote:

On 19 August 2010 19:25, Zack N. [email protected] wrote:

Hey,
Whenever i try and run a db migrate i get this error:

DEPRECATION WARNING: Rake tasks in vendor/plugins/livevalidation/tasks
and vendor/plugins/restful-authentication/tasks are deprecated. Use
lib/tasks instead. (called from
/Users/Zack/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/tasks/rails.rb:10)

You can ignore this, it is just a warning that the plugins rake tasks
are not in what is now considered the correct folder. It is possible
that there are later versions of the plugins that sort the problem.

Colin

Ok thanks, but it still never migrates the database…

On 20 August 2010 11:15, Zack N. [email protected] wrote:

said that the migrate had happened , but it hadnt. So I just manually
updated the database.

In that case you have not found the problem, merely avoided it. In
order to avoid it happening again I suggest that you roll back that
migration using rake db:rollback (check the db to make sure it has
rolled back) and then run it again and find out why it is not working.
Otherwise you may find yourself in more of a mess when you attempt to
run the next migration.

Colin

Colin L. wrote:

On 19 August 2010 22:52, Zack N. [email protected] wrote:

You can ignore this, it is just a warning that the plugins rake tasks
are not in what is now considered the correct folder. �It is possible
that there are later versions of the plugins that sort the problem.

Colin

Ok thanks, but it still never migrates the database…

In that case there must be something else wrong. Post the migration
file (and it’s name) and the full output from the migrate. Also the
file db/schema.rb and we will see if we can work out what is
happening.

Colin

Thanks, but I found the problem late last night. Simply the migrations
said that the migrate had happened , but it hadnt. So I just manually
updated the database.

Colin L. wrote:

On 20 August 2010 11:15, Zack N. [email protected] wrote:

said that the migrate had happened , but it hadnt. So I just manually
updated the database.

In that case you have not found the problem, merely avoided it. In
order to avoid it happening again I suggest that you roll back that
migration using rake db:rollback (check the db to make sure it has
rolled back) and then run it again and find out why it is not working.
Otherwise you may find yourself in more of a mess when you attempt to
run the next migration.

Colin

ok, I did what you said, but everything seems to be working fine now. So
I think its actually ok.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs