Deleting a non empty directory


#1

Hi, I am getting an exception when I use Dir.delete on a non empty
directory.
What should I do to remove a non empty directory?

Thanks,
Kostas


#2

On Jun 18, 1:32 pm, Kostas Z. removed_email_address@domain.invalid
wrote:

Hi, I am getting an exception when I use Dir.delete on a non empty
directory.
What should I do to remove a non empty directory?

Thanks,
Kostas


Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Use Dir.each to iterate over the items in the dir, and call
File.delete on them. Then call Dir.delete.


#3

On Jun 18, 8:28 am, Kaldrenon removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:


Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Use Dir.each to iterate over the items in the dir, and call
File.delete on them. Then call Dir.delete.

Or use FileUtils::rm_rf:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/FileUtils.html#M004368

Be careful though. :wink:

b


#4

removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

On Jun 18, 8:28 am, Kaldrenon removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:


Posted viahttp://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Use Dir.each to iterate over the items in the dir, and call
File.delete on them. Then call Dir.delete.

Or use FileUtils::rm_rf:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/FileUtils.html#M004368

Be careful though. :wink:

b

Thanks a lot!