On my main development machine I have several apps. One uses a fixed
version of engines installed via script\plugin and explicitly runs under
Rails 1.0 in environment.rb. User and Login engines run fine.
For a new app, I installed the Rails 1.1.2 gems and decided to do things
“right” with svn:externals props pulling in Engines and Login and
UserEngines. When I ran svn update, it seemed to pull down all three,
but my SVN log reported as though it pulled in the Engines plugin 3
times, not three diferent components.
Running rake db:migrate:engines returns a no-such-task error. A look at
rake -T shows most of the old un-namespaced Engines tasks, but not
engines_migrate, while all the Rails tasks are namespaced.
I’ve tried via svn:externals both the trunk versions and the
tags/rel_1.0.1 versions and had the same result.
If this doesn’t ring a bell, I’ll also provide some SVN log output, a
listing of the resulting vendor/plugins directory and the output of rake
-T for extra bonus troubleshooting fun.