DataMapper (was Re: Thread Priority)

That’s a very good question actually; I know at least one Rails +
DataMapper site that will switch to IronRuby if they can get it working
(one I used to work on), so I’m personally interested in this as well.
:slight_smile:

Last I checked do_sqlserver wasn’t too mature. They don’t depend on dbi,
so there will need to be a separate abstraction for ADO and
http://ADO.NET ADO.NEThttp://ADO.NET. I have more faith in
do_sqlite3 working, as there is a .NET API for sqlite3
(http://sqlite.phxsoftware.com/), and it would be minimal work to test
do_sqlite3 with sqlite-ironruby.

As far as DataMapper itself, it’d be interesting to run DataMapper with
it’s in-memory database to see if IronRuby at-least run it.

I’ll want to look into running datamapper for unit testing sake, but it
would be great if someone signed up to work on the sqlserver and sqlite3
support. Ryan, you want to head that up, or at least look for a team?

~Jimmy

On Apr 22, 2010, at 9:54 PM, “Ryan R.”
<mailto:[email protected]mailto:[email protected][email protected]mailto:[email protected]>
wrote:

What’s the status of the DataMapper port? I was just trying to use it
but couldn’t get the gem installed. I’m interested in helping get this
working. What next steps are needed?

Thanks,

Ryan R.

Email: mailto:[email protected]
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanriley
Blog: http://wizardsofsmart.net/ http://wizardsofsmart.net/
http://wizardsofsmart.net/ http://wizardsofsmart.net/
Twitter: @panesofglass
Website: http://panesofglass.org/ http://panesofglass.org/
http://panesofglass.org/ http://panesofglass.org/

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Alexander Coles
<mailto:[email protected]mailto:[email protected]mailto:[email protected][email protected]mailto:[email protected]>
wrote:
Quick +1 to vote this patch up.

I’ve been working on the JRuby support for the DataMapper ORM and
DataObjects(.rb) database connectivity layer. These projects rely in
turn on another project called Extlib, which provides a bunch of
useful extensions (lazy arrays, thread pools, string extensions) for
the other two projects.

I pulled down and built the latest IronRuby and running Extlib’s
specs, the lack of Thread#priority appears to be the first blocker in
our support for IR.

Alex Coles

DataMapper: http://github.com/datamapper/dm-core

DataObjects: http://github.com/datamapper/do
http://github.com/datamapper/do http://github.com/datamapper/do

Extlib: http://github.com/datamapper/extlib
http://github.com/datamapper/extlib
http://github.com/datamapper/extlib

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Shay F.
<mailto:[email protected]mailto:[email protected]mailto:[email protected][email protected]mailto:[email protected]>
wrote:

I have done a very basic implementation of a while back but I did not
164f202

Thanks!