I hate curses. Not that much, but it’s really not that easy to build
ruby console applications using it.
Are there other libraries I could use instead of libcurses ?
My main complains are :
- you can’t access the screen like a character matrix
- i want callbacks (onresize)
- you need to move the cursor where you want to write
- the "window"ing system is not cool
- it really feels like an old-skool C library in ruby
I started overriding the curses library to implement what I think is
nicer (which is subjective). Is anybody interested in this ? Also,
what is so special in the libcurse ? Is it because it supports VT100
that people are still using it ?
The joined file containes the modified curses class plus an class that
demonstrates how to use it (however it doesn’t run)