Hot on the heels of Curb 0.0.1, version 0.0.2 is now available from
rubyforge (http://rubyforge.org/projects/curb). Curb provides easy to
use bindings to the libcurl URL transfer library.
This release improves compatibility with older libcurl versions, tidies
up compilation on OSX, improves proxy support, and allows authentication
types to be configured. If you’re using Curb 0.0.1, you should
definitely make this upgrade.
Changes in this release:
- Fixed escape/unescape totally broken bug
- Implemented local_port and local_port_range
- Implemented proxy configuration
- Implemented HTTP auth type configuration
- Made recent libcurl tftp stuff optional at compile time
- Fixed some implicit-declaration-by-typo errors
- Removed some unused variables
- Tidied up some other -Wall warnings
- Added -Wall if possible in extconf.rb
- Fixed warnings in tests with 1.8.5
- Added links to homepage in readme
Thanks to everyone (especially Olle Jonsson and Friedrich D.) who
provided feedback on Curb’s cross-platform buildability. More of the
same, please - and let’s (try to) get it going on Windows!