Cucumber hoe dependency

Hi

Am I right thinking that Cucumber needs hoe, but it’s not an explicit
gem dependency? If so, how come?

Thanks
Ashley


http://www.patchspace.co.uk/

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 6:30 AM, Ashley M.
[email protected] wrote:

Hi

Am I right thinking that Cucumber needs hoe, but it’s not an explicit gem
dependency? If so, how come?

It only needs hoe if you’re developing/extending cucumber itself. If
you’re just using it, you don’t need hoe.

It should probably be listed as a developer dep for rubygems >= 1.2.

On 25. okt… 2008, at 13.30, Ashley M.
[email protected] wrote:

Hi

Am I right thinking that Cucumber needs hoe, but it’s not an
explicit gem dependency? If so, how come?

You need hoe to develop on Cucumber, but not to use it.

On Oct 25, 2008, at 3:54 pm, Aslak Hellesøy wrote:

You need hoe to develop on Cucumber, but not to use it.

Ah ok. I’ve had Cucumber complain about hoe been missing when I was
just using it like a normal user. Not sure what I was doing now, I
just installed hoe and carried on…

Ashley


http://www.patchspace.co.uk/

On Oct 25, 2008, at 7:48 pm, Aslak Hellesøy wrote:

That means you have discovered a bug. Or maybe some other gem needs
it.

Sometime soon I’ll dig hoe out of my system (ho, ho*), and see if it
still complains…

Ashley

  • oh dear, infinitely recursive joke, and a really bad one too


http://www.patchspace.co.uk/

On 25. okt… 2008, at 19.44, Ashley M.
[email protected] wrote:

On Oct 25, 2008, at 3:54 pm, Aslak Hellesøy wrote:

You need hoe to develop on Cucumber, but not to use it.

Ah ok. I’ve had Cucumber complain about hoe been missing when I was
just using it like a normal user. Not sure what I was doing now, I
just installed hoe and carried on…

That means you have discovered a bug. Or maybe some other gem needs it.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs