Cool components in the form

Is there a easy way to add components like:
http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/

in ruby forms, by plugins or whatever?

Thank you

Rodrigo Domínguez
Iplan Networs
www.iplan.com.ar http://www.iplan.com.ar/ Â? [email protected]
www.rorra.com.ar http://www.rorra.com.ar/ Â? [email protected]

Maybe you should take a look at the recently announced “bundled
resource” plugin:
http://blog.inquirylabs.com/2006/01/26/bundled-resource-v-09-full-
dynarch-calendar-support/

El 29/01/2006, a las 0:33, Rodrigo D.
escribió:

Is there a easy way to add components like:

Rodrigo
> Is there a easy way to add components like:
> The Most Advanced WYSIWYG Editor | Trusted Rich Text Editor | TinyMCE
> in ruby forms, by plugins or whatever?

“Integrating” tinyMce is a no-brainer:

Just

step 1/ add this once in your base layout:

<script type="text/javascript" >
tinyMCE.init({
	mode:"textareas", editor_selector : "my_tiny_mce",
	safari_warning:"true",
});
</script>

step 2/ tag each textarea with the previously chosen class:

   <%= text_area 'post', 'text'  , :cols => "60", :rows => "20",

:class => ‘my_tiny_mce’ %>

Note: tinyMce doesn’t work with Safari

Alain

One more question, do you know some kind of javascript textarea control
like tinymce that works for IE, mozilla and safari?

Thank you

Rodrigo Domínguez
Iplan Networs
www.iplan.com.ar ? [email protected]
www.rorra.com.ar ? [email protected]

> Is there a easy way to add components like:
> The Most Advanced WYSIWYG Editor | Trusted Rich Text Editor | TinyMCE
> in ruby forms, by plugins or whatever?

“Integrating” tinyMce is a no-brainer:

Just

step 1/ add this once in your base layout:

<script type="text/javascript" >
tinyMCE.init({
	mode:"textareas", editor_selector : "my_tiny_mce",
	safari_warning:"true",
});
</script>

step 2/ tag each textarea with the previously chosen class:

   <%= text_area 'post', 'text'  , :cols => "60", :rows => "20",

:class => ‘my_tiny_mce’ %>

Note: tinyMce doesn’t work with Safari

Alain

Rails mailing list

Note: TinyMCE doesn’t work with Safari

Not exactly the whole story, TinyMCE has experimental and partial
support for Safari as you can read on http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/,
I’ve used it in a Joomla! site with success.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

On 29 Jan 2006, at 20:12, Alain R. wrote:

Peter

Not exactly the whole story, TinyMCE has experimental and partial
support for Safari as you can read on http://
tinymce.moxiecode.com/,
I’ve used it in a Joomla! site with success.

Lucky you. I see only the html contents and tags in a plain
textarea (instead of rich text and a toolbar).
How do you init it (aka: the js code in the page head section)?

Well, Joomla is an open source PHP CMS (http://www.joomla.org), so
you could install it yourself (it’s very easy to install) or just
look it up in the “mambots/editors/tinymce.php” script file. In case
you install it, TinyMCE editing is an option you can select in the
preferences of Joomla.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

Peter

> Not exactly the whole story, TinyMCE has experimental and partial
> support for Safari as you can read on

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/,
> I’ve used it in a Joomla! site with success.

Lucky you. I see only the html contents and tags in a plain textarea
(instead of rich text and a toolbar).
How do you init it (aka: the js code in the page head section)?

Alain

On 29 Jan 2006, at 20:12, Alain R. wrote:

Peter

Not exactly the whole story, TinyMCE has experimental and partial
support for Safari as you can read on http://
tinymce.moxiecode.com/,
I’ve used it in a Joomla! site with success.

Lucky you. I see only the html contents and tags in a plain
textarea (instead of rich text and a toolbar).
How do you init it (aka: the js code in the page head section)?

This is what comes up in the content editing in the administrator
section of the demo of joomla on the site:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://demo.joomla.org/mambots/

editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce_src.js">

… and the textarea section:

{mosimage}{mospagebreak}

Hope this helps!

Best regards