Conflict with Mail Queue and Engines?

I’m trying to use the Mail Queue plugin from:
ruby script/plugin install svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/mail-queue

When I try to deliver an email I’m getting the following stack trace.
Looks like it’s conflicting with engines, but I can’t be sure. Anyone
else seen this or know what might be going on?

You have a nil object when you didn’t expect it!
You might have expected an instance of Array.
The error occurred while evaluating nil.empty?

/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:371:in
new_constants_in' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:199:inload_file’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:95:in
rails_pre_engines_require_or_load' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/plugins/engines/lib/engines/dependencies_extensions.rb:60:inrails_1_1_require_or_load’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/plugins/engines/lib/engines/dependencies_extensions.rb:14:in
require_or_load' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:245:inload_missing_constant’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:446:in
const_missing' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:458:inconst_missing’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:257:in
load_missing_constant' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:446:inconst_missing’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:464:in
const_missing' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/plugins/mail-queue/lib/mail_queue.rb:13:indeliver!’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionmailer/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:325:in
method_missing' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../app/controllers/estimates_controller.rb:153:innew’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1068:in
perform_action_without_filters' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:635:incall_filter’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:637:in
call_filter' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:641:incall_filter’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:438:in
call' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:640:incall_filter’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:622:in
perform_action_without_benchmark' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:66:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:in measure' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:66:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:81:in
perform_action' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:427:inprocess_without_filters’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:627:in
process_without_session_management_support' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:114:inprocess’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:330:in
process' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/dispatcher.rb:41:indispatch’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel/rails.rb:84:in
process' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/sync.rb:229:insynchronize’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel/rails.rb:83:in
process' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel.rb:580:inprocess_client’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel.rb:579:in
process_client' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel.rb:686:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel.rb:686:in
run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel.rb:673:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:267:in
run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:266:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/bin/mongrel_rails:127:in
run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel/command.rb:211:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/bin/mongrel_rails:231
/usr/local/bin/mongrel_rails:18

Not sure if anyone saw this as I got a rejected mail message from the
list server. Apologies if this is a duplicate…

You have a nil object when you didn’t expect it!
You might have expected an instance of Array.
The error occurred while evaluating nil.empty?

/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:371:in
new_constants_in' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:199:inload_file’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:95:in
rails_pre_engines_require_or_load' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/plugins/engines/lib/engines/dependencies_extensions.rb:60:inrails_1_1_require_or_load’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/plugins/engines/lib/engines/dependencies_extensions.rb:14:in
require_or_load' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:245:inload_missing_constant’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:446:in
const_missing' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:458:inconst_missing’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:257:in
load_missing_constant' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:446:inconst_missing’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:464:in
const_missing' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/plugins/mail-queue/lib/mail_queue.rb:13:indeliver!’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionmailer/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:325:in
method_missing' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../app/controllers/estimates_controller.rb:153:innew’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:1068:in
perform_action_without_filters' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:635:incall_filter’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:637:in
call_filter' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:641:incall_filter’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:438:in
call' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:640:incall_filter’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:622:in
perform_action_without_benchmark' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:66:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:in measure' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:66:inperform_action_without_rescue’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:81:in
perform_action' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:427:inprocess_without_filters’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:627:in
process_without_session_management_support' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:114:inprocess’
/Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/…/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/base.rb:330:in
process' /Work/myapp/site/trunk/config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/dispatcher.rb:41:indispatch’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel/rails.rb:84:in
process' /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/sync.rb:229:insynchronize’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel/rails.rb:83:in
process' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel.rb:580:inprocess_client’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel.rb:579:in
process_client' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel.rb:686:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel.rb:686:in
run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel.rb:673:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:267:in
run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:266:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/bin/mongrel_rails:127:in
run' /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/lib/mongrel/command.rb:211:inrun’
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-0.3.13.4/bin/mongrel_rails:231
/usr/local/bin/mongrel_rails:18

We’d need to find out what constant Mail Queue is expecting in it’s
deliver! method, and where engines/Rails is looking to load it from.
Turning on the engines logger should give some fairly detailed output
about Rails attempting to load classes.

James S. wrote:

I thought I would post my ‘fix’ incase anyone runs across this post with
the same problem.

I renamed the mail-queue folder in vendor/plugins to mail_queue
worked for me, as well
rename selenium-plugin as selenium_plugin and voila.

the same problem.

After the rename everything worked great.

Subimage Interactive wrote:

James S. wrote:

the same problem.

worked for me, as well

Roger P. wrote:

James S. wrote:

the same problem.

worked for me, as well