I have an application that began on a much earlier version of rails, and
has been upgraded to 1.0. Somewhere along the line, tests got broken.
The first thing I noticed, upon looking into the cause, is that my test
database was not being cloned correctly from development. So, I tried to
run the tasks by hand:
$ rake clone_schema_to_test
database configuration does not specify adapter
$ rake clone_structure_to_test
You have a nil object when you didn’t expect it!
You might have expected an instance of Array.
The error occured while evaluating nil.
Strangely, db_schema_export and db_schema_import work just fine. And my
application runs fine. I am using MySQL, and it is configured correctly
in database.yml. To make sure it wasn’t a syntax error, I copied
database.yml to a fresh rails project and it works fine. There is
something else in my project that is quirked, and causing the errors