Complete USRP DDC Frequency Response Analysis

Dear Friends,

Attached is a complete MATLAB based USRP DDC frequency response Analysis
figures. The USRP DDC decimation rate was 64. The CIC filter response
(decimation =32), HBF response (decimation =2) and cascaded CIC + HBF
(total
decimation =64) response figures are attached. The MatLab source file
used
in this analysis is also attached.
I hope this is a useful work.

Regards,

Firas,

http://www.nabble.com/file/8500/(0%20-%2032)MHz)%20CIC%20Frequency%20Response%20(CIC%20decimation%20%3D32).JPG
(0 - 32)MHz) CIC Frequency Response (CIC decimation =32).JPG
http://www.nabble.com/file/8501/(0%20-%202)MHz)%20CIC%20Frequency%20Response%20(decimation%20%3D32).JPG
(0 - 2)MHz) CIC Frequency Response (decimation =32).JPG
http://www.nabble.com/file/8502/Useful%20Band%20(0%20-%201)MHz)%20%20HBF%20Frequency%20Response.JPG
Useful Band (0 - 1)MHz) HBF Frequency Response.JPG
http://www.nabble.com/file/8503/Useful%20Band%20(0%20-%201)MHz)%20CIC%20%2B%20HBF%20Frequency%20Response%20(decimation%20%3D64).JPG
Useful Band (0 - 1)MHz) CIC + HBF Frequency Response (decimation
=64).JPG
http://www.nabble.com/file/8504/Full%20Band%20(0%20-%2032)MHz)%20USRP%20DDC%20Frequency%20Response%20(decimation%20%3D64).JPG
Full Band (0 - 32)MHz) USRP DDC Frequency Response (decimation =64).JPG
http://www.nabble.com/file/8505/Useful%20Band%20(0%20-%201)MHz)%20USRP%20DDC%20Frequency%20Response%20(decimation%20%3D64).JPG
Useful Band (0 - 1)MHz) USRP DDC Frequency Response (decimation =64).JPG
The MATLAB m File used to generate the above figures:-
http://www.nabble.com/file/8506/usrpddc.m usrpddc.m

http://www.nabble.com/Complete-USRP-DDC-Frequency-Response-Analysis-tf3773947.html#a10671057

Thank you very much for your help. Can you post the output of your
matlab
program for 250 total decimation? I would do it myself with your m
file,
but I don’t have matlab.

Thanks,
Hans

Dear Hans,

Attached is the graphs you requested for USRP decimation =250.

Regards,

Firas

http://www.nabble.com/file/8515/[0%201]MHz%2C%20decimation%3D250%2C%20CIC%2C%20HBF%2C%20CIC%2BHBF%20Response.JPG
[0 1]MHz, decimation=250, CIC, HBF, CIC+HBF Response.JPG
http://www.nabble.com/file/8516/[0%2032]MHz%2C%20decimation%3D250%2C%20USRP%20DDC%20Response.JPG
[0 32]MHz, decimation=250, USRP DDC Response.JPG
http://www.nabble.com/file/8517/[0%201]MHz%2C%20decimation%3D250%2C%20USRP%20DDC%20Response.JPG
[0 1]MHz, decimation=250, USRP DDC Response.JPG

Hans G. wrote:

Attached is a complete MATLAB based USRP DDC frequency response Analysis
Firas,
Full Band (0 - 32)MHz) USRP DDC Frequency Response (decimation =64).JPG

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

http://www.nabble.com/Complete-USRP-DDC-Frequency-Response-Analysis-tf3773947.html#a10676455

Hey Firas:

I am working on USRP for an Advanced Wireless course. I need to
demodulate the IEEE 802.15.4. I need to extract a 5 MHz channel at 2.4
GHz. I was trying to use the frequency translation filter to down
convert, but not getting the required response on fftsink. Could you
please tell me how exactly can I program the DDC on USRP to get the 5MHz
at 2.4GHz and then seperate and I and Q components.

Thanks
Gautam