Commonly used email library

Hi all,

I search RAA for email library and found many email libraries out there.
I don’t know that which one that i should start with.

My need is just to send email to a group which their email address
kept in a flat file.
Please give me some libraries that commonly used and stable.

Thank you in advance,

Sinchai

sin kanti wrote:

Hi all,

I search RAA for email library and found many email libraries out there.
I don’t know that which one that i should start with.

My need is just to send email to a group which their email address
kept in a flat file.
Please give me some libraries that commonly used and stable.

I use the SMTP lib bundled with Ruby for basic E-mail tasks. It’s very
simple to use.

James B.

http://refreshingcities.org - Design, technology, usability

I use the SMTP lib bundled with Ruby for basic E-mail tasks. It’s very
simple to use.

But lacks TLS so you can’t send via gmail :frowning:

T.

Hi Sinchai,

On 3/31/06, sin kanti removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

My need is just to send email to a group which their email address
kept in a flat file.
Please give me some libraries that commonly used and stable.

SimpleMail (http://simplemail.rubyforge.org/) makes it easy to send
mails in both text and html format. It can also handle attachments.

  • Dimitri

On 3/31/06, Park H. removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

GMailer is supposed to work for this, but google appears to have
changed the protocol and it now no longer works (and fails silently).
Google didn’t changed the protocol.
It was due to ruby 1.8.3,1.8.4 http post bug.
Try GMailer 0.1.1
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=869

Hmmm. I haven’t upgrade to 1.8.3 or 1.8.4 and it failed. I will try
upgrading, though, in the event that 0.1.1 fixes the problem in any
case.

-austin