Color is not a module


#1

I have a problem with my pdf-writer-1.1.3 installation. When type
require “pdf/writer” in the console i get the following error:

TypeError: Color is not a module
from
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/color-tools-1.3.0/lib/color.rb:49
from
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
gem_original_require' from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:inrequire’
from
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:147:in
require' from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/pdf-writer-1.1.3/lib/pdf/writer.rb:15 from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:ingem_original_require’
from
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:in
require' from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:147:inrequire’
from (irb):2

My version is:
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-12-25 patchlevel 12) [i686-darwin8.8.1]

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (1.3.3, 1.3.2, 1.3.1, 1.2.5, 1.2.1)
Service layer for easy email delivery and testing.

actionpack (1.13.3, 1.13.2, 1.13.1, 1.12.5, 1.12.1)
Web-flow and rendering framework putting the VC in MVC.

actionwebservice (1.2.3, 1.2.2, 1.2.1, 1.1.6, 1.1.2)
Web service support for Action Pack.

activerecord (1.15.3, 1.15.2, 1.15.1, 1.14.4, 1.14.2)
Implements the ActiveRecord pattern for ORM.

activesupport (1.4.2, 1.4.1, 1.4.0, 1.3.1)
Support and utility classes used by the Rails framework.

captcha (0.1.2)
Ruby/CAPTCHA is an implementation of the ‘Completely Automated
Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart’.

color-tools (1.3.0)
color-tools provides colour space definition and manpiulation as
well as commonly named RGB colours.

googlecalendar (0.0.2)
Google C. api for Ruby

mime-types (1.15)
Manages a MIME Content-Type that will return the Content-Type for a
given filename.

pdf-writer (1.1.3)
A pure Ruby PDF document creation library.

railroad (0.3.4)
A DOT diagram generator for Ruby on Rail applications

rails (1.2.3, 1.2.2, 1.2.1, 1.1.6, 1.1.2)
Web-application framework with template engine, control-flow layer,
and ORM.

rake (0.7.2, 0.7.1)
Ruby based make-like utility.

RedCloth (3.0.3)
RedCloth is a module for using Textile and Markdown in Ruby. Textile
and Markdown are text formats. A very simple text format. Another
stab at making readable text that can be converted to HTML.

rmagick (1.12.0)
RMagick is an interface between the Ruby programming language and
the ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick image processing libraries.

ruby-openid (1.1.4)
A library for consuming and serving OpenID identities.

ruby-yadis (0.3.4)
A library for performing Yadis service discovery

rubygems-update (0.9.2)
RubyGems Update GEM

sources (0.0.1)
This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

transaction-simple (1.3.0)
Simple object transaction support for Ruby.


#2

2007/5/30, Martijn van Leeuwen removed_email_address@domain.invalid:

I have a problem with my pdf-writer-1.1.3 installation. When type
require “pdf/writer” in the console i get the following error:

TypeError: Color is not a module

Try this:

gem install color

Regards
Nicolai


#3

Nicolai Reuschling wrote:

2007/5/30, Martijn van Leeuwen removed_email_address@domain.invalid:

I have a problem with my pdf-writer-1.1.3 installation. When type
require “pdf/writer” in the console i get the following error:

TypeError: Color is not a module

Try this:

gem install color

Regards
Nicolai

I tried it, but color-tools is allready installed. I uninstalled
color-tools and then installed color. But problem still exists.
Installed color-tools again but no success. Tried it on my FreeBSD 1.8.5
box, and my Apple 1.8.5.


#4

Martijn van Leeuwen wrote:

Nicolai Reuschling wrote:

2007/5/30, Martijn van Leeuwen removed_email_address@domain.invalid:

I have a problem with my pdf-writer-1.1.3 installation. When type
require “pdf/writer” in the console i get the following error:

TypeError: Color is not a module

Try this:

gem install color

Regards
Nicolai

I tried it, but color-tools is allready installed. I uninstalled
color-tools and then installed color. But problem still exists.
Installed color-tools again but no success. Tried it on my FreeBSD 1.8.5
box, and my Apple 1.8.5.

If i open script/console and enter:
module Color
Color::Test = 1
end

I get the same error. Is Color a reserved word, or is it set elsewhere
as something else?


#5

Martijn van Leeuwen wrote:

Martijn van Leeuwen wrote:

Nicolai Reuschling wrote:

2007/5/30, Martijn van Leeuwen removed_email_address@domain.invalid:

I have a problem with my pdf-writer-1.1.3 installation. When type
require “pdf/writer” in the console i get the following error:

TypeError: Color is not a module

Try this:

gem install color

Regards
Nicolai

I tried it, but color-tools is allready installed. I uninstalled
color-tools and then installed color. But problem still exists.
Installed color-tools again but no success. Tried it on my FreeBSD 1.8.5
box, and my Apple 1.8.5.

If i open script/console and enter:
module Color
Color::Test = 1
end

I get the same error. Is Color a reserved word, or is it set elsewhere
as something else?

Sorry for the Spam, but i found the problem. When i type >> Color in the
console it says.
=> Magick::Color

So Color is allready been set to a Class in ImageMagick. Now im looking
for the answer how to handle with this.

Kind Regards,

Martijn


#6

I’m not a fan of PDFWriter…

http://sublog.subimage.com/articles/2007/05/29/html-css-to-pdf-using-ruby-on-rails

On 5/30/07, Martijn van Leeuwen removed_email_address@domain.invalid
wrote:

I tried it, but color-tools is allready installed. I uninstalled

Kind Regards,

Martijn


Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

seth at subimage interactive

http://www.subimage.com
http://sublog.subimage.com

http://www.getcashboard.com
http://dev.subimage.com/projects/substruct


#7

Subimage Interactive wrote:

I’m not a fan of PDFWriter…

http://sublog.subimage.com/articles/2007/05/29/html-css-to-pdf-using-ruby-on-rails

Nice piece of software, but it’s expensive. I found the problem for my
error. It was a bug in the simple_captcha plugin. It included the
RMagick gem the wrong way. So there is nog problem with the color-tools
gem.