tfpt review “/shelveset:StringGsubVersion;REDMOND\dremy”
This change fixes all of the gsub, each, and each_line specs. Added
aditional tests to gsub spec. The excluded gsub tests are only failing
on unimplemented string methods (lstrip!, rstrip!) Implemented simple
mutablestring version that is used to assure that mutation hasn’t
occurred during an iteration.
tring#gsub with pattern and block sets $~ for access from the block
String#gsub with pattern and block restores $~ after leaving the block
String#gsub with pattern and block sets $~ to MatchData of last match
and nil when there’s none for access from outside
String#gsub with pattern and block raises a RuntimeError if the string
is modified while substituting
This is a revision on a previous shelfset I submitted for these changes.
Based on feedback I did a few things differently. I didn’t do anything
special with version it is just a simple property implementation at this
point. Shri’s points about potential multi-threaded issues and overflow
are well taken but it sounds like we will pick this up as requirements
dictate. I did revise the way version gets incremented. Rather than
creating a single function that both requires frozen and increments
(didn’t someone say sometime that function should only do one thing ;))
I think this was a good thing, I ended up putting the Version++ in the
logical place close to where a mutation actually occurs. This combined
with putting tests for each mutation method caught some scenarios that
would have failed.