Cmake errors on first attempt with master branch

Are errors expected on the first attempt of cmake or could the errors
indicate an underlying dependency issue? I have other build issues and
I’m trying to rule out all the possibilities.

When I first attempt cmake I get errors:

– Using install prefix: /usr/local
– Building for version: 3.5.1git-11-gfc6151d4 / 3.5.1git
– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

If I simply run cmake again it finishes without complaint:

– Using install prefix: /usr/local
– Building for version: 3.5.1git-11-gfc6151d4 / 3.5.1git
– Configuring done
– Generating done
– Build files have been written to: /home/gr/source/git/gnuradio/build

I’m working off the master branch (just pulled the latest, though I’ve
seen this on each version I’ve used in the last week):

$ git status

On branch master

nothing to commit (working directory clean)
[jrford@dodeca gnuradio]$ git show
commit fc6151d4516ee86b697602014b83fb08a88c30f0
Merge: 89f934b fa161e1
Author: Tom R. [email protected]
Date: Sun Dec 11 23:01:34 2011 -0500

Merge remote-tracking branch ‘jblum/cmake_qtgui_fix’

I’m on RHEL 5 x86_64:

$ cat /proc/version

Linux version 2.6.18-274.3.1.el5
([email protected]) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red
Hat
4.1.2-51)) #1 SMP Fri Aug 26 18:49:02 EDT 2011

$ lsb_release -i -r

Distributor ID: RedHatEnterpriseClient

Release: 5.7
This is the command line I’m using with cmake (gotta point at the up to
date versions of some dependencies instead of the RHEL built ins):cmake
-DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python26
-DBOOST_INCLUDEDIR=/usr/include/boost141
-DBOOST_LIBRARYDIR=/usr/lib64/boost141
-DSWIG_EXECUTABLE=/usr/share/swig/2.0.4/bin/swig …/
Thanks for any insight.
Justin

On 12/12/2011 08:40 AM, Justin F. wrote:

Are errors expected on the first attempt of cmake or could the errors indicate
an underlying dependency issue? I have other build issues and I’m trying to rule
out all the possibilities.

When I first attempt cmake I get errors:

– Using install prefix: /usr/local
– Building for version: 3.5.1git-11-gfc6151d4 / 3.5.1git
– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Cant tell. You gotta attach the whole verbose. -josh

On 12/12/2011 09:59 AM, Justin F. wrote:

Cant tell. You gotta attach the whole verbose. -josh

The output file and what I hope are the verbose you’re looking for are attached.
If I’ve misunderstood your request I’ll be happy to send other cmake output.

Well that looks like the problem. So, I didnt see that code in my
findboost.cmake. Which means either you have a findboost with a bug,
and/or this is a code path that does not get exercised much but is now
because you are manually setting the library/include dir to something
custom. I attached the findboost.cmake from my system in case that
helps.

-Josh