Cleanup & requires & so on

I’m just finishing up my first real chunk of Ruby work, and it’s sitting
in a dozen different .rb files, and obviously there was a lot of
refactoring along the way. Is there a tool that can look at my code and
make sure that I don’t have extra 'require’s and highlight other
bookkeeping errors & so on? I’m used to NetBeans, and it just takes
care of this stuff for you.

-Tim

I’m no expert, and I’m relatively new to the language myself, though a
fair amount of experience elsewhere (though not nearly as much as you,
arguably), but I will honestly say that I’ve not come across anything
so explicit as a refactoring tool. However, I’ve seen Mauricio’s rcov
which shows you code coverage and many different things that would
help you to slim things down and spot problematic areas.

http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?rcov+0.7.0

Cheers,

M.T.

“Tim B.” [email protected] wrote in message
news:[email protected]

I’m just finishing up my first real chunk of Ruby work, and it’s sitting
in a dozen different .rb files, and obviously there was a lot of
refactoring along the way. Is there a tool that can look at my code and
make sure that I don’t have extra 'require’s and highlight other
bookkeeping errors & so on? I’m used to NetBeans, and it just takes care
of this stuff for you.

I somehow doubt you have to worry about extraneous "requires"

anymore
than you’d have to worry about extra “includes” in a C project… I
think
it’s fair and, in fact, desirable to “require” whatever that source file
requires (hence the choice of keyword…)…