Cities spell checker

I’m totally lost with this feature so I wanted to ask to the community
for some links in order to implement this feature

I’m trying to make a city spell checker (actually a spell checker that
will work for anything at all that I have in the database)

So I.e. if I have in my database these two cities:

hollywood
bollywood

and the user writes and submit:

collywood

I want to show him something like?

Did you wanted to say any of these?

hollywood
bollywood

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

try auto complete that may help full for user .
something llike this http://github.com/rails/auto_complete

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Rodrigo D.
[email protected]wrote:

To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected][email protected]
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.


Thanks:
Rajeev sharma

Hi, thanks for the tip, but I already have implemented the autocomplete
for that field

However, my client asked me to let the user to go on without selecting a
city from the autocomplete, and if that happens, then show him a screen
with possible matches for what he wrote, so I’m trying to know what the
people use for doing that

Thank you

kannav rajeev wrote:

try auto complete that may help full for user .
something llike this http://github.com/rails/auto_complete

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Rodrigo D.
[email protected]wrote:

To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected][email protected]
.
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.


Thanks:
Rajeev sharma

On Jun 21, 1:13 pm, Rodrigo D. [email protected] wrote:

Hi, thanks for the tip, but I already have implemented the autocomplete
for that field

However, my client asked me to let the user to go on without selecting a
city from the autocomplete, and if that happens, then show him a screen
with possible matches for what he wrote, so I’m trying to know what the
people use for doing that

I once did something similar using raspell (ruby bindings for aspell).
You can supply custom dictionaries, one containing just the list of
cities you know about should do the trick

Fred

Frederick C. wrote:

On Jun 21, 1:13�pm, Rodrigo D. [email protected] wrote:

Hi, thanks for the tip, but I already have implemented the autocomplete
for that field

However, my client asked me to let the user to go on without selecting a
city from the autocomplete, and if that happens, then show him a screen
with possible matches for what he wrote, so I’m trying to know what the
people use for doing that

I once did something similar using raspell (ruby bindings for aspell).
You can supply custom dictionaries, one containing just the list of
cities you know about should do the trick

Fred
Great, now I know what to implement in order to implement this feature

Thank you so much :slight_smile: