I’m developing a website where DJ’s can be booked. To book a DJ, the
user can fill out a booking request form, which is saved as a Booking
Now I’d like to save all correspondence (which is done through email) in
the database, so I can later browse my old bookings and can exactly see
what I’ve written to the requester and what he has written back.
So I wonder how I can “catch” mails using Rails?
The idea is the following:
- The user ([email protected]) creates a booking request.
- The request is saved as a Booking instance
- A mail with the booking details is sent to my email
([email protected]) with a unique subject (e.g. Booking request #123);
the sender of the email is [email protected]
- I can reply to the email, which is catched by Rails. Rails evaluates
the subject (e.g. Re: Booking request #123), saves the content of the
mail into the database and forwards the mail to the user
- The user replies the same way…
Now, is this very hard to implement? Where can I find extensive
informations about this topic?
Thanks a lot for help,