Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 12:57:16 +0100
From: THE RIGHT ADDRESS
To: THE RIGHT ADDRESS
Subject: mail di prova

(obviously i masked with capital letters the real addresses)

Im working on a pc with an outlook with the same account configuration
and
it works fine

Is there something wrong?
Why do i not receive anything?

thanks for help to a new rails user.

Hi rabarama, I guess you should ask this on a Rails-only mailing list,
but here’s my working config file, on Rails 2:

ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
:address => “mail.domain.com”,
:port => 25,
:domain => “domain.com”,
:authentication => :login,
:user_name => “[email protected]”,
:password => “mypassword”,
}

ActionMailer::Base.perform_deliveries = true
ActionMailer::Base.raise_delivery_errors = true
ActionMailer::Base.default_content_type = “text/html”
ActionMailer::Base.default_charset = “UTF-8”

2008/1/9, rabarama [email protected]:

ActionMailer::Base.raise_delivery_errors = true
ActionMailer::Base.default_content_type = “text/html”
ActionMailer::Base.default_charset = “UTF-8”

2008/1/9, rabarama [email protected]:

Hi i’m traing to send an email.

I love you :wink:

Now it works!

can you suggest me a rails only mailinglist?

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:15:02 +0900, Junkone wrote:

can you suggest me a rails only mailinglist?- Hide quoted text -

you can either the rails google group or nabble.com

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.rails

you’ll need an NNTP client such as Pan, or, for Windows, I think Forte.
More convenient than google groups or nabble, particularly if you
subscribe to more than two mailing lists :slight_smile:

Will that action mailer work with gmail?

thanks,

Thufir