I just genned a test app with 2.3.2 + SQLite3 having a model with an
My gosh!! I didn’t intend for you to have to go to that extreme. I
do sincerely appreciate your investing the time on my behalf.
I swear that what I reported yesterday was the results I was seeing at
that time. Today things seem to be a bit different. I have to
conclude that maybe I didn’t investigate this thoroughly enough
yesterday before posting. I really thought that I had.
Today, the problem seems to be totally different. What’s happening is
that values set in select elements are properly included in the record
TO BE saved. However, those values and only those values are not
transferred to the new saved record. The new saved record properly
reflects any changes to fields which are not associated with select
elements. However, new values associated with select elements which
are properly set in the record TO BE saved are not saved. Instead the
old values are retained.
At this point, I can only conclude that I must have totally mis-read
this problem yesterday and somehow interpreted it to be what I
reported. I really apologize for that especially since you went to
the trouble of genning a test app under my version of Rails in an
attempt to reproduce the problem. I am truly embarrassed.
I may have to re-post this “new” problem. Thanks ever so much for