Cannot import gnuradio.extras after reinstall the latest gnuradio

Hi,

I reinstalled the entire gnuradio using ./build-gnuradio -m. But when I
try
to import the gnuradio.extras, errors happened:

In [1]: import gnuradio.extras

ImportError Traceback (most recent call
last)
in ()
----> 1 import gnuradio.extras

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/extras/init.py in
()
18 # Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
19
—> 20 from extras_swig import *
21 import extras_pmt #act of importing performs injection
22 import block_gateway #act of importing performs injection

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/extras/extras_swig.py in
()
24 fp.close()
25 return _mod
—> 26 _extras_swig = swig_import_helper()
27 del swig_import_helper
28 else:

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/extras/extras_swig.py in
swig_import_helper()
20 if fp is not None:
21 try:
—> 22 _mod = imp.load_module(’_extras_swig’, fp,
pathname, description)
23 finally:
24 fp.close()

ImportError: libgnuradio-extras.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such
file or directory

I run the sudo ldconfig after the whole installation, but the error
still
exists.
Btw, do I need to install the GRAS manually?

Alex,
Dreams can come true just believe.

I tried to reinstall the grextras, but:

~/grextras/build$ cmake …/
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:34 (include):
include could not find load file:

GRASTool

CMake Error at math/CMakeLists.txt:20 (GRAS_TOOL):
Unknown CMake command “GRAS_TOOL”.

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Who can tell me how to fix this error?

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Alex Z. [email protected]
wrote:

 24                 fp.close()

pathname, description)

Alex,
Dreams can come true just believe.

Alex,
Dreams can come true just believe.

Thanks, I have rolled back my gnuradio to v3.6 to support the pre-cog
now.

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Josh B. [email protected] wrote:

Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
Discuss-gnuradio Info Page

Alex,
Dreams can come true just believe.

Hi,

Will it be possible to install gras into a system that already has an
installed gnuradio version, latest 3.7 build, or is it recommended to
remove
the single gr 3.7 installation before building gras? If the latter is
recommended, will I run into trouble with other tools that depend on
gnuradio, or is this not an issue? gr-osmosdr, gqrx and similar stuff
comes
in my mind…

Ralph.

ImportError: libgnuradio-extras.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such
file or directory

I run the sudo ldconfig after the whole installation, but the error
still

ImportError: libgnuradio-extras.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

I run the sudo ldconfig after the whole installation, but the error still
exists.
Btw, do I need to install the GRAS manually?

If you want grextras installed to support precog or perhaps an older
existing design. You need to first install gnuradio 3.6, then install
grextras from the grextras_v3.6 branch. Due to the reorg in gr 3.7, this
grextras is no longer build-able with recent gnuradio:

If you are looking to install the recent GrExtras for the cool blocks,
its automatically built and installed with GRAS, so just follow:

-josh

Aah, gras still is 3.6, no 3.7 support? Or does 3.7 need an additional
option?

Ralph.

On 08/07/2013 05:23 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras wrote:

Hi,

Will it be possible to install gras into a system that already has an
installed gnuradio version, latest 3.7 build, or is it recommended to remove
the single gr 3.7 installation before building gras? If the latter is
recommended, will I run into trouble with other tools that depend on
gnuradio, or is this not an issue? gr-osmosdr, gqrx and similar stuff comes
in my mind…

Its basically the same as having multiple versions of gnuradio
installed, especially considering that between major versions theres API
and ABI issues. So I would just recommend putting the installs in
different prefixes. I do this all the time for my benchmarking.

Here is one of the path scripts, I just run: source foo.sh

derp_prefix=/opt/usr/gr
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${derp_prefix}/lib/pkgconfig:${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}
export PATH=${derp_prefix}/bin:$PATH
export PYTHONPATH=${derp_prefix}/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:$PYTHONPATH
export GRC_BLOCKS_PATH=${derp_prefix}/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${derp_prefix}/lib

-josh

OK, thanks for the information, so I will just watch it until it
originally
does 3.7 without tweaking. At the moment I do not want to create a
bigger
mess than I already have on the machine, as I am still learning with all
this Linux stuff :slight_smile:

Ralph.

latter is recommended, will I run into trouble with other tools that
depend on gnuradio, or is this not an issue? gr-osmosdr, gqrx and
similar stuff comes in my mind…

Its basically the same as having multiple versions of gnuradio installed,
especially considering that between major versions theres API and ABI
issues. So I would just recommend putting the installs in different
prefixes. I
export GRC_BLOCKS_PATH=${derp_prefix}/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks

[mailto:discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ralph=removed_email_address@domain.invalid] On Behalf

No
If you want grextras installed to support precog or perhaps an older
existing design. You need to first install gnuradio 3.6, then install
grextras from the grextras_v3.6 branch. Due to the reorg in gr 3.7,
this grextras is no longer build-able with recent gnuradio:
Home · guruofquality/grextras Wiki · GitHub

On 08/07/2013 06:59 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras wrote:

Aah, gras still is 3.6, no 3.7 support? Or does 3.7 need an additional
option?

The gnuradio submodule that the GRAS repo points to is gr3.6. I do have
a 3.7 support branch but the submodule is not pointing to it (yet).

The nice thing about this branch is that GRAS support code is nicely
separated so the scheduler can be selected at compile time. Also,
you should be able to build it normally (no submodule stuff).

I will get around to updating the submodule to do a 3.7 version, but I
need to update my benchmarks for the 3.7 reorganization, and probably a
little more testing. I keep putting it off because making the new
features is way more fun.

-josh

Hello Josh,

Today I met this problem again.
The gnuradio.extras can not be imported, with error of “pmt_is_null”
undefined in the extras.
even though the gnuraido version I am using is v3.6.5.1.
And the grextras can not be built at all due to some error.

wrote:

 24                 fp.close()

pathname, description)

Alex,
Dreams can come true just believe.

Alex,
Dreams can come true just believe.

This is the error:

----> 1 import gnuradio.extras

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/extras/init.py in
()
21 import extras_pmt #act of importing performs injection
22 import block_gateway #act of importing performs injection
—> 23 import pmt_to_python #act of importing performs injection
24
25 try: #it may not exist based on prereqs

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/extras/pmt_to_python.py
in
()
76
77 THE_TABLE = ( #python type, check pmt type, to python, from
python
—> 78 (None, pmt.pmt_is_null, lambda x: None, lambda x:
pmt.PMT_NIL),
79 (bool, pmt.pmt_is_bool, pmt.pmt_to_bool, pmt.pmt_from_bool),
80 (str, pmt.pmt_is_symbol, pmt.pmt_symbol_to_string,
pmt.pmt_string_to_symbol),

AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘pmt_is_null’

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Alex Z.
[email protected]wrote:

in ()
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/extras/extras_swig.py in
21 try:
Btw, do I need to install the GRAS manually?

Alex,
Dreams can come true just believe.

Alex,
Dreams can come true just believe.

Problem solved when ./build_gnuradio goes back to work.