Cannot find gnuradio companion

Hello ALL,

I encountered one problem during installing GNU Radio on ubuntu 14.04 .
I attached the whole installation log . Could someone help me with
this? Thanks in advance.

I used the script from the link below to install Gnuradio :
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/InstallingGRFromSource#Using-the-build-gnuradio-script

Following is the log installing GNU Radio, I set the PYTHONPATH , but
still cannot find gnuradio companion.
[email protected]:~$ export
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
[email protected]:~/gnuradio$ gnuradio-companion
bash: /usr/bin/gnuradio-companion: No such file or directory

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
.Installing
Done building and installing Gnu Radio
GRC freedesktop icons install …Done
Done function gnuradio_build at: di mrt 17 16:31:11 CET 2015
Starting function rtl_build at: di mrt 17 16:31:11 CET 2015
Building rtl-sdr…Done building rtl-sdr
Building hackrf…Done building hackrf
Building gr-iqbal…gr-iqbal build apparently failed
Exiting gr-iqbal build
Building gr-osmosdr…Done building gr-osmosdr
Done building/installing rtl-sdr/gr-osmosdr
Done function rtl_build at: di mrt 17 16:34:24 CET 2015
Starting function extras at: di mrt 17 16:34:24 CET 2015
Doing GIT checkout for extra module gr-baz
Building extra module gr-baz
Doing GIT checkout for extra module grextras
Building extra module grextras
Done function extras at: di mrt 17 16:34:38 CET 2015
Starting function mod_groups at: di mrt 17 16:34:38 CET 2015
Group ‘usrp’ already in /etc/group
User echodtx already in group ‘usrp’
Done function mod_groups at: di mrt 17 16:34:38 CET 2015
Starting function mod_udev at: di mrt 17 16:34:38 CET 2015
udevd: no process found
Done function mod_udev at: di mrt 17 16:34:39 CET 2015
Starting function mod_sysctl at: di mrt 17 16:34:39 CET 2015
Required updates to /etc/sysctl.conf already in place
usrp group already has real-time scheduling privilege
Done function mod_sysctl at: di mrt 17 16:34:39 CET 2015
Starting function pythonpath at: di mrt 17 16:34:39 CET 2015


You should probably set your PYTHONPATH to:

 /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages

Using:

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages

in your .bashrc or equivalent file prior to attempting to run
any Gnu Radio applications or Gnu Radio Companion.


Done function pythonpath at: di mrt 17 16:34:39 CET 2015
Done all functions at: di mrt 17 16:34:39 CET 2015
All Done

=======================================================================
If you have found this script useful and time-saving, consider a
donation to help me keep build-gnuradio, simple_ra, SIDsuite,
meteor_detector, simple_fm_rcv, and multimode maintained and up to date.
A simple paypal transfer to [email protected] is all you need to do.

Send success/fail info to [email protected]:~$

I’m going to guess that you have leftover “stuff” from a different
attempt to install Gnu Radio, because there’s
a file in /usr/bin/gnuradio-companion that is either a
symlink-to-nowhere, or it’s pointing to a Python install that doesn’t
exist.

Now, normally, build-gnuradio uninstalls (via your package manager) any
existing Gnu Radio install, but if the package manager doesn’t know
about some file (like the /usr/bin/gnuradio-companion) that is
apparently installed, it has no way of removing it.

On 2015-03-17 13:33, Tianxiao Dong wrote:

bash: /usr/bin/gnuradio-companion: No such file or directory
Exiting gr-iqbal build
Group ‘usrp’ already in /etc/group

any Gnu Radio applications or Gnu Radio Companion.

Send success/fail info to [email protected]:~$


Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio [1]

Links:

Dear Dong Tian Xiao,

Still the best solution (for me) was to install to a clean OS otherwise
you
might run endlessly about it.

Instalation to a clean Ubuntu 14.04 via Pybombs was fast and smooth. I
might have a more detail description, if needed, let me know.

Best regards,

Iluta

On Tuesday, March 17, 2015, [email protected] wrote:

I’m going to guess that you have leftover “stuff” from a different
attempt to install Gnu Radio, because there’s
a file in /usr/bin/gnuradio-companion that is either a
symlink-to-nowhere, or it’s pointing to a Python install that doesn’t
exist.

Now, normally, build-gnuradio uninstalls (via your package manager) any
existing Gnu Radio install, but if the package manager doesn’t know
about
some file (like the /usr/bin/gnuradio-companion) that is apparently
installed, it has no way of removing it.

On 2015-03-17 13:33, Tianxiao Dong wrote:

Hello ALL,

I encountered one problem during installing GNU Radio on ubuntu 14.04 .
I attached the whole installation log . Could someone help me with
this?
Thanks in advance.

I used the script from the link below to install Gnuradio :
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnc
uradio/wiki/InstallingGRFromSource#Using-the-build-gnuradio-script

Following is the log installing GNU Radio, I set the PYTHONPATH , but
still cannot find gnuradio companion.
[email protected]:~$ export
PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs