Can someone help me please with event machine?

I’m getting an error with event machine, being unable to connect to the
server… I’m using the AMQP gem.

tcp_connect: inp=0xba201f8 err=EADDRINUSE

/Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/eventmachine-0.12.8/lib/eventmachine.rb:811:in
connect_server': no connection (RuntimeError) from /Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/eventmachine-0.12.8/lib/eventmachine.rb:811:inreconnect’
from
/Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/amqp-0.6.0/lib/amqp/client.rb:172:in
reconnect' from /Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/amqp-0.6.0/lib/amqp/client.rb:85:incall’
from
/Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/amqp-0.6.0/lib/amqp/client.rb:85:in
unbind' from /Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/eventmachine-0.12.8/lib/eventmachine.rb:995:incall’
from
/Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/eventmachine-0.12.8/lib/eventmachine.rb:995:in
run_deferred_callbacks' from /Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/eventmachine-0.12.8/lib/eventmachine.rb:995:intimes’
from
/Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/eventmachine-0.12.8/lib/eventmachine.rb:995:in
run_deferred_callbacks' from /Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/eventmachine-0.12.8/lib/eventmachine.rb:242:inrun_machine’
from
/Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/eventmachine-0.12.8/lib/eventmachine.rb:242:in
run' from /Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/amqp-0.6.0/lib/amqp.rb:81:instart’

Thanks… It’s stumped me and my mates on this one.

Cheers

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Marc L. [email protected] wrote:

from
`run_deferred_callbacks’
/Users/maleko/workspace/geo/vendor/gems/gems/eventmachine-0.12.8/lib/eventmachine.rb:242:in
Thanks… It’s stumped me and my mates on this one.

Cheers

Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

Off the top of my head I would say the EADDRINUSE is saying it couldn’t
bind
to the socket. Is your application running with the proper permissions?
Is
there anything else running that is bound to that port already?

“Hey brother Christian with your high and mighty errand, Your actions
speak
so loud, I can’t hear a word you’re saying.”

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)