Calendar_date_select on Dreamhost


#1

Hi,

I have installed the calendar_date_select gem on Dreamhost using the
instructions on http://code.google.com/p/calendardateselect/.

The gem is properly installed and I can find it in my ~/.gems
directory.

However, the server does not recognize any calendar_date_select
method. In particular, the calendar_date_select_includes gives this
error:

<%= calendar_date_select_includes “blue” %>

undefined method `calendar_date_select_includes’ for
#ActionView::Base:0x42667c58

I restarted the server many times and have already reinstalled the gem
several times.

Would you know what may be causing this problem ?
I added a “require ‘calendar_date_select’” in my applicationcontroller
with no effect.

Thanks,

SBM

Here is my configuration running on Dreamhost:
*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.2.2, 2.1.1, 2.1.0, 2.0.2, 1.1.3)
actionpack (2.2.2, 2.1.1, 2.1.0, 2.0.2, 1.11.2, 1.11.0)
actionwebservice (1.2.6, 1.2.3, 0.9.3)
activerecord (2.2.2, 2.1.1, 2.1.0, 2.0.2, 1.13.2, 1.13.0)
activeresource (2.2.2, 2.1.1, 2.1.0, 2.0.2)
activesupport (2.2.2, 2.1.1, 2.1.0, 2.0.2, 1.2.3)
acts_as_taggable (2.0.2, 1.0.4)
ajax_scaffold_generator (3.1.11, 2.2.1)
archive-tar-minitar (0.5.2, 0.5.1)
auth_generator (2.0.1, 1.5.3, 1.1.0)
Bloglines4R (0.1.0)
BlueCloth (1.0.0)
builder (2.1.2, 2.0.0, 1.2.4)
calendar_date_select (1.13)
camping (1.5)
capistrano (2.5.3, 2.5.1, 1.4.1, 1.4.0)
classifier (1.3.1)
cmdparse (2.0.2, 2.0.0)
color (1.4.0)
columnize (0.2)
curb (0.1.4)
daemons (1.0.10, 1.0.9, 1.0.7, 1.0.6)
diff-lcs (1.1.2)
facets (2005.10.30, 2.4.3, 1.8.54, 1.8.51, 1.8.49, 1.0.3)
fastercsv (1.2.3)
fastthread (1.0.1)
feedtools (0.2.29, 0.2.26)
ferret (0.11.6, 0.11.4, 0.10.13, 0.10.11)
flickr (1.0.2)
gd2 (1.1.1, 1.1, 1.0)
gen (0.41.0, 0.29.0)
geoip (0.8.0, 0.3.0, 0.2.0)
gettext (1.93.0, 1.10.0, 1.8.0, 1.3.0)
glue (0.41.0, 0.29.0)
gnuplot (2.2, 2.1)
google-geocode (1.2.1)
gravtastic (2.0.0)
gruff (0.3.4, 0.2.8)
haml (2.0.5, 2.0.3)
highline (1.5.0)
hoe (1.8.2, 1.2.1, 1.1.7)
hpricot (0.6.164, 0.6)
htmltools (1.10, 1.09)
launchy (0.3.2)
linecache (0.43)
localization_generator (1.0.8, 1.0.7)
login_generator (1.2.2)
madeleine (0.7.3, 0.7.1)
mailfactory (1.4.0)
maruku (0.5.9)
mechanize (0.8.5, 0.7.6)
mime-types (1.15)
mini_magick (1.2.3)
mocha (0.9.3)
mysql (2.7, 2.6)
needle (1.3.0, 1.2.1)
net-scp (1.0.1)
net-sftp (2.0.1, 1.1.0)
net-ssh (2.0.6, 1.1.2, 1.0.10, 1.0.8)
net-ssh-gateway (1.0.0)
nitro (0.41.0, 0.29.0)
og (0.41.0, 0.29.0)
packet (0.1.14, 0.1.13)
PageTemplate (2.2.3, 2.2.0, 2.1.3)
ParseTree (3.0.2, 1.7.1, 1.6.3, 1.3.7)
payment (1.0.1, 0.9)
pdf-writer (1.1.8)
podcast (0.0.4, 0.0.3)
rack (0.4.0, 0.3.0)
radiant (0.6.9)
rails (2.2.2, 2.1.1, 2.1.0, 2.0.2, 0.14.3)
rake (0.8.3, 0.8.2, 0.8.1, 0.6.2)
ramaze (2008.06)
rc-rest (2.2.1)
RedCloth (4.1.1, 3.0.4, 3.0.3)
rfacebook (0.9.8, 0.8.3)
rmagick (2.7.1, 1.15.12, 1.15.10)
rspec (1.1.11, 1.1.3)
ruby-breakpoint (0.5.1, 0.5.0)
ruby-debug (0.10.3, 0.9.3, 0.9.2)
ruby-debug-base (0.10.3)
ruby-openid (2.1.2, 2.0.3)
ruby-yadis (0.3.4)
ruby_odeum (0.4.1)
rubyforge (1.0.1, 0.4.2, 0.4.0)
RubyInline (3.8.1, 3.6.3, 3.6.2, 3.4.0)
rubypants (0.2.0)
rubyzip (0.9.1, 0.5.12, 0.5.9)
ruport (1.6.1, 1.4.0)
ruport-util (0.14.0, 0.13.0)
ruwiki (0.9.3)
salted_login_generator (2.0.2, 1.1.1, 1.1.0)
sexp_processor (3.0.0)
shipping (1.5.1, 1.3.0, 1.2.1)
SimpleSearch (0.5.0)
sqlite3-ruby (1.2.4, 1.2.1, 1.1.0)
stemmer (1.0.1)
switchtower (1.0.1)
syntax (1.0.0, 0.7.0)
tagtools (0.0.3)
tidy (1.1.2)
transaction-simple (1.4.0)
tzinfo (0.3.12, 0.3.3)
unicode (0.1)
uuidtools (1.0.7, 1.0.1, 1.0.0, 0.1.4)
webgen (0.5.6, 0.4.5, 0.3.8, 0.3.6)
wee (0.10.0, 0.9.1)
xhtmldiff (1.0.0)
xml-simple (1.0.11)
ym4r (0.6.1)
youtube-g (0.4.9.9)
ZenTest (3.11.0)


#2

I had the same problem. For some reason step 3 of the install
(restarting the server) did not copy the files to my project.

I ran this and things started working
ruby script/plugin install --force
http://calendardateselect.googlecode.com/svn/tags/calendar_date_select

On Dec 11, 8:44 am, “removed_email_address@domain.invalid”