C++ interface to USRP

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sebastiaan H. [email protected]
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 19:31:30 +0200
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] C++ interface to USRP
To: [email protected]

Chuck

I know about the interp = 128, meaning that the data gets decimated to
decrease the number of samples. I have captured some samples in
GnuRadio using the Python code. I just need to figure out how to
reblock it from 500096 to 500000 samples and still maintain all the
info or if there is a way to get 500000 samples. For what I need to
do, C++ will be better. Something else for anyone that might be able
to know? In the C++ code the data transfer from the USRP to the
application is started by urx->start(); and stopped by urx->stop();.
The calculations that I am doing in C++ takes about half a minute to
complete. What I would like to do is capture 500000 samples, do the
calculations, display the result, capture another 500000 samples,
calculate, update the display and so forth. So I would like to only
read in samples when one set of calculations are complete. Otherwise
I might have to use 2 threads to handle the data reads and calculation
processes. Has anyone done something similar?

Thank you.

Sebastiaan

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 07:32:19PM +0200, Sebastiaan H. wrote:

GnuRadio using the Python code. I just need to figure out how to
reblock it from 500096 to 500000 samples and still maintain all the
info or if there is a way to get 500000 samples.

I know I’m sounding like a broken record, but if you use
usrp_rx_cfile.py, popen and fread your reblocking problems will be
solved.

Eric