Building on Mac OSX

Hello,

I have almost gotten all the dependencies needed for gnuradio recognized
however I have qt qwt and wx installed but they aren’t being recognized
by
cmake. I have also tried to manually enable them with the
-DENABLE_GR_QTGUI
AND -DENABLE_GR_WXGUI options with no luck. I have used homebrew to
install
almost all of the dependencies and it has been a great help. If anyone
have
any experience building gnuradio on OSX I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Jeff (KK4EPP)

On 10/26/2011 08:44 AM, Jeff S. wrote:

Hello,

I have almost gotten all the dependencies needed for gnuradio recognized
however I have qt qwt and wx installed but they aren’t being recognized by
cmake. I have also tried to manually enable them with the -DENABLE_GR_QTGUI
AND -DENABLE_GR_WXGUI options with no luck. I have used homebrew to install
almost all of the dependencies and it has been a great help. If anyone have
any experience building gnuradio on OSX I would appreciate any input.

wxgui is a matter of getting python -c “import wx” to work. Did you set
your PYTHONPATH correctly for wx?

for qtgui, the build must find pyqt4 and qt4libs. Which checks are or
are not passing?

-josh

Hi,

I installed qwt via macports and cmake seems to have a problem finding
the qwt include dirs on my machine, I had to manually set
QWT_INCLUDE_DIRS with cmake-gui (to /opt/local/lib/qwt in my case). No
problems with WX, though.

– Matthias

Am 26.10.2011 um 17:44 schrieb Jeff S.:

I was just having an issue with the python path. gr_wxgui is enabled
now. I
have the qt stuff installed but will look at manually pointing cmake in
the
right direction. I think I can make this work. I hate to give up now. It
would be nice to write up a brew formula for gnuradio but I have no idea
how
I would get my system back to a default state for testing after all I
have
done (without reinstalling).

Jeff

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Jeff S. [email protected]
wrote:

Jeff (KK4EPP)


Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio

If you’re not using homebrew for anything else, it’s probably easier
just to switch to using macports. I had a good crack at getting
gnuradio installed via homebrew but switched to macports in the end
because I couldn’t get the gui stuff working.

Cheers,
Ben

I think I have everything figured out now I have pyqt pygtk and pywx
installed however cmake still isn’t finding pygtk even though the
version is
correct (running 2.24.0) and python -c “import gtk” has no output.

Anyone know what the specific check actually is?

Jeff

Alternatively it may be using the wrong python. Is there a way to
specify
which python to use. If it uses the same path as the normal terminal
then it
will work however if it sets the standard /usr/bin/python it will fail.

Thanks,
Jeff

On 10/26/2011 12:52 PM, Jeff S. wrote:

Alternatively it may be using the wrong python. Is there a way to specify
which python to use. If it uses the same path as the normal terminal then it
will work however if it sets the standard /usr/bin/python it will fail.

pass -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE= to override

-josh

On 10/26/2011 12:50 PM, Jeff S. wrote:

I think I have everything figured out now I have pyqt pygtk and pywx
installed however cmake still isn’t finding pygtk even though the version is
correct (running 2.24.0) and python -c “import gtk” has no output.

Anyone know what the specific check actually is?

GR_PYTHON_CHECK_MODULE(“pygtk >= 2.10.0” gtk
“gtk.pygtk_version >= (2, 10, 0)” PYGTK_FOUND)

basically its importing gtk, and running that comparison above

what does it yield for you?

Il 26/10/11 21:54, Josh B. ha scritto:

Thanks,

Jeff

recognized

Thanks,
just to switch to using macports. I had a good crack at getting
Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio


Discuss-gnuradio mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio

could you list the dependencies to install trough macports to build
gnuradio from source on OS X Lion ? the gnuradio port of macports fails
to build…

Regards, Arturo

On Jan 5, 2012, at 6:32 PM, Arturo R. wrote:

could you list the dependencies to install trough macports to build gnuradio
from source on OS X Lion ? the gnuradio port of macports fails to build…

port rdeps gnuradio | sed -e “1d” | awk '{ print $1 '} | sort | uniq |
grep -v gnuradio

results in the long appended list. Many of these are already available
on OSX (10.5 / 6 / 7), but MacPorts generally does not use those. Some
are build dependencies, but not runtime. Some are for documentation
only. All of that said, GNU Radio still has a bunch of dependencies,
which in turn have their own dependencies. If you have all of the below
installed, then the ‘cmake’ port has just a single added dependency
(libidn). I don’t know how many of the below ports are removed by not
including the GNU autotools.

BTW> “real soon now” I’ll be bumping the MacPorts ports for GNU Radio to
3.5.0 (or 3.5.1, or .2 – the latest formal release). Could be a few
weeks, or could be a few months depending on how my work queue goes.

Xft2
atk
autoconf
automake
bison
boost
bzip2
cairo
cppunit
db46
dbus
docbook-xml
docbook-xml-4.1.2
docbook-xml-4.2
docbook-xml-4.3
docbook-xml-4.4
docbook-xml-4.5
docbook-xml-5.0
docbook-xsl
expat
fftw-3
fftw-3-single
flac
fontconfig
freetype
gawk
gdbm
gdk-pixbuf2
getopt
gettext
glib2
gmp
gnome-common
gnome-doc-utils
gperf
gputils
gsed
gsl
gtk-doc
gtk2
guile
help2man
hicolor-icon-theme
icu
intltool
iso-codes
jack
jasper
jpeg
lcms
libedit
libffi
libglade2
libiconv
libmng
libogg
libpixman
libpng
libsamplerate
libsdl
libsndfile
libtool
libusb-legacy
libvorbis
libxml2
libxslt
m4
makedepend
mesa
ncurses
ncursesw
openssl
p5.12-getopt-long
p5.12-locale-gettext
p5.12-pathtools
p5.12-scalar-list-utils
p5.12-xml-parser
pango
pcre
perl5
perl5.12
pkgconfig
portaudio
py26-cairo
py26-cheetah
py26-distribute
py26-gobject
py26-gtk
py26-lxml
py26-nose
py26-numpy
py26-opengl
py26-opengl-accelerate
py26-pil
py26-py
py26-pyqt4
py26-sip
py26-tkinter
py26-wxpython
py27-libxml2
python26
python27
python_select
qt4-mac
qwt52
qwtplot3d
rarian
readline
sdcc29
shared-mime-info
sqlite3
swig
swig-python
tcl
texinfo
tiff
tk
unzip
usrp
wxWidgets-python
xmlcatmgr
xorg-bigreqsproto
xorg-compositeproto
xorg-damageproto
xorg-dri2proto
xorg-fixesproto
xorg-glproto
xorg-inputproto
xorg-kbproto
xorg-libX11
xorg-libXScrnSaver
xorg-libXau
xorg-libXcomposite
xorg-libXcursor
xorg-libXdamage
xorg-libXdmcp
xorg-libXext
xorg-libXfixes
xorg-libXi
xorg-libXinerama
xorg-libXmu
xorg-libXrandr
xorg-libXt
xorg-libice
xorg-libpthread-stubs
xorg-libsm
xorg-libxcb
xorg-randrproto
xorg-renderproto
xorg-scrnsaverproto
xorg-util-macros
xorg-xcb-proto
xorg-xcb-util
xorg-xcmiscproto
xorg-xextproto
xorg-xf86bigfontproto
xorg-xineramaproto
xorg-xproto
xorg-xtrans
xrender
xz
zlib

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs