Bug with sdbm?

I found that when trying to store marshalled data in sdbm, it croaks
with the message “sdbm_store failed (SDBMError)” when the marshalled
object contains binary data, such as a compressed file. dbm and gdbm
work fine, as does berkeleydb. This is on Freebsd.

Chris

snacktime wrote:

I found that when trying to store marshalled data in sdbm, it croaks
with the message “sdbm_store failed (SDBMError)” when the marshalled
object contains binary data, such as a compressed file. dbm and gdbm
work fine, as does berkeleydb.

Quoting from Ruby in a Nutshell, page 152:

SDBM:

Public domain implementation of DMB. HAs the same interface as DBM. Runs
almost anywhere but has inferior performance and data-size limitations
compared to the other DBMs…

Looks like you’re hitting those limitations.

Vince

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs