I’m introducing Boson, a command/task framework similar to rake and
thor which executes commands from the commandline and irb.
To install: gem install boson
- Commands are just methods on main which means they’re executed
similarly from the commandline and irb.
- Command libraries, which are just modules, are written in non-dsl
ruby which allows for easy testing
and use outside of boson.
- Comes with default commands to load, search, list and install
commands and libraries.
- Commands can be full-blown commandline apps thanks to powerful
options and hirb’s views.
- Commands can have views toggled without adding view code to your
- Command libraries are social as a user can install them from a url
and then customize command
names and options without changing the original library.
- homepage: http://tagaholic.me/boson/
- blog posts