From: “Vishwajit Parab” [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2009 11:05 PM
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
To: “ruby-talk ML” [email protected]
Subject: Book

Vishwajit Parab wrote:

I am new in Ruby. Please suggest me some books to learn Ruby.

Thanks

some ebooks…
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/index.html
http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/ruby/0.3/

http://www.rubyist.net/~slagell/ruby/

You can download books from
http://www.51cnnet.net/directory

i recommend this free and strong book
Poignantguide http://poignantguide.net/ruby/

so many books,go to a bookstore,and u will find the one you need

2009/2/9 Kareem Abd-Elmageed [email protected]

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, lw lw wrote:

so many books,go to a bookstore,and u will find the one you need

In a month or two, anyway :slight_smile:

David

Coming in 2009: The Well-Grounded Rubyist (The Well-Grounded Rubyist)

Vishwajit Parab wrote:

I am new in Ruby. Please suggest me some books to learn Ruby.

Thanks

http://ruby-doc.org/bookstore

James B.

www.happycamperstudios.com - Wicked Cool Coding

Gregory B. wrote:

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Vishwajit Parab
[email protected] wrote:

I am new in Ruby. Please suggest me some books to learn Ruby.

I would strongly recommend David Black’s “The Well Grounded Rubyist”
The Well-Grounded Rubyist

It will hit the shelves soon, I imagine, and the quality of the MEAP
drafts are great.

I also recommend Greg’s Ruby Best Practices as well, once you’ve learned
the basics of Ruby.

[email protected] wrote:

I am new in Ruby. Please suggest me some books to learn Ruby.

I would strongly recommend David Black’s “The Well Grounded Rubyist”

It will hit the shelves soon, I imagine, and the quality of the MEAP
drafts are great.

-greg