BDD with webrat and Cucumber


#1

OS = CentOS-5.2
Ruby 1.8.6
Rails 2.2.0RC1
Cucumber 0.1.9
Webrat 0.3.2

I have asked about this on the RSpec list but I am repeating my request
here to reach a somewhat wider audience.

I am running a cucumber feature test that invokes webrat. The step is
defined as follows:

Given /I am on the new entity page/ do
visits “/entities/new”
end

rake features then generates the following error:

Scenario: Register a new entity #
features/manage_entities.feature:7
Given I am on the new entity page #
features/steps/entity_steps.rb:1
wrong number of arguments (3 for 1) (ActionView::TemplateError)
On line #10 of app/views/entities/new.html.erb

  7: <% form_for(@entity) do |f| %>
  8:
  9:   <%= render  :partial  => 'entities/entity_header',
  10:               :object   => @entity -%>
  11:
  12:   <p>
  13:   <%= f.submit "Create" -%>

  vendor/plugins/rspec-rails/lib/spec/rails/extensions/action_view/base.rb:13:in

`render_partial’

This code actually works without error but I infer that I am tripping
over some assumptions that webrat makes about views. Is what I have
done wrong obvious to anyone here?

Regards,


#2

Not sure if it is related, but with 2.2.0RC i had much better luck
removing rspec and rspec_on_rails from the vendors folder and use the
gems. I’m using these:
rspec (1.1.11)
rspec-rails (1.1.11)

GL

On Nov 12, 1:20 pm, James B. removed_email_address@domain.invalid


#3

Fredrik wrote:

Not sure if it is related, but with 2.2.0RC i had much better luck
removing rspec and rspec_on_rails from the vendors folder and use the
gems. I’m using these:
rspec (1.1.11)
rspec-rails (1.1.11)

GL

On Nov 12, 1:20�pm, James B. removed_email_address@domain.invalid

BINGO!

You know. I thought that I did that, removed both of them yesterday, and
yet today I find that they are still there. I must have only removed
them as submodules from git. But actually getting rid of them cleared
up the problem for me. Now I just have regularly failing tests…
Yea… I think ;->