Associations not found - breaks randomly

Hi,

I’ve set up an association for a 1:n-relationship, totally standard
stuff.
However, I sometimes get an error “Association XY not found, maybe you
misspelled it?” when loading a view that makes use of the association
(only something simple like <%= cur_book.author. (contrived example, but I really only do the simplest standard
stuff).

The trouble is, I get this error maybe 20% of the time, but it happens
for all associations, no matter which models are involved. Normally it
works, so I don’t think it has anything to do with settting up the
association, table names etc. But it still happens often enough that I
can’t use associations, and have to resort to doing searches for the
associated objects in the view, which is really ugly.

Has anybody else witnessed this kind of thing (I did a search, but
couldn’t find anything about it).

Thanks,
Elmar

On 25-Jun-07, at 11:50 AM, Elmar Schraml wrote:

Thanks,
Elmar

Elmar, I suggest you tail -f your development log - you may have a
mysql (or other db) connection error - or some entirely different
exception.

If you have done this, then we can help out more easily with more
symptoms - including mvc/controller/view code. But since this bug
seems random is smells like infrastructure.

Cheers,
Jodi

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs