Arbitrary sort order for children

Hi,

I am developing a radiant powered web site for a class that I am going
to teach that initially has three levels of pages in the parent-child
hierarchy, the home page, lessons, lesson-parts.

I would like to be able to change the order of the lessons arbitrarily.
For example, when I add a lesson that goes in the middle of the class
schedule, or if I didn’t create the lessons in the same order that they
should appear in the class.

Would I have to add a sort_order attribute to the pages model in order
to do something like this? I couldn’t figure out a way to leverage the
existing attributes of the page model for sorting that would order the
children the way I want.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,

You can do this with the reorder extension, but IIRC it is somewhat
experimental.

Sean