Apache HOW-TO?

Can anyone please recommend a good tutorial on how to deploy a rails app
on apache?

My system info is:

linux (non-debian)
ruby 1.8.6 (2007-03-13 patchlevel 0) [i686-linux]
gem -v 1.2.0
rails -v Rails 2.0.2
apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.0.59

Thank you for any help!

http://blog.flame.org/2007/10/28/mongrel-apache-and-rails

This is a SHORT thing, showing my configuration.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Jason B.

On 04/07/2008, at 9:07 AM, Jason B. wrote:

rails -v Rails 2.0.2
apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.0.59

Thank you for any help!

Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

You could use the passenger gem. It’s fairly popular right now and
works exceptionally well. Very easy to set up too.

Craig W. wrote:

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 09:22 +0930, Ryan B. wrote:

linux (non-debian)

You could use the passenger gem. It’s fairly popular right now and
works exceptionally well. Very easy to set up too.


and because Apache 2.0.x does not do the proxy type necessary for
mongrel, passenger would be the better option.

Craig

Thank you. Let me give it a shot.

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 09:22 +0930, Ryan B. wrote:

linux (non-debian)

You could use the passenger gem. It’s fairly popular right now and
works exceptionally well. Very easy to set up too.


and because Apache 2.0.x does not do the proxy type necessary for
mongrel, passenger would be the better option.

Craig

Or you could use nginx… i installe dit on top of a cluster of
mongrels in 10 minutes. and Oh my god its fast!

On Jul 4, 2:01 am, Jason B. [email protected]

Jason B. wrote:

Craig W. wrote:

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 09:22 +0930, Ryan B. wrote:

linux (non-debian)

You could use the passenger gem. It’s fairly popular right now and
works exceptionally well. Very easy to set up too.


and because Apache 2.0.x does not do the proxy type necessary for
mongrel, passenger would be the better option.

Craig

Thank you. Let me give it a shot.

I followed through on the gem passenger installation and now when I type
the full website address I get the Apache2 Test Page.

It’s a positive step forward at least.

This forum is not affiliated to the Ruby language, Ruby on Rails framework, nor any Ruby applications discussed here.

| Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Remote Ruby Jobs