Anyone using Ruby-ldap with rails?


#1

Hi,

Anyone using Ruby-ldap withing Apache + fcgi ?

We are trying to lookup some entries in ldap using ruby-ldap and our
scripts
work great from the cmd line, however when we run within apache2 + fcgi
we get
the following error:

ruby: error.c:264: ldap_parse_result: Assertion `(
(ld)->ld_options.ldo_valid ==
0x2 )’ failed.

Any Ideas ?


#2

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 02:39:23AM +0000, KiteSurfer wrote:

Anyone using Ruby-ldap withing Apache + fcgi ?

We are trying to lookup some entries in ldap using ruby-ldap and our scripts
work great from the cmd line, however when we run within apache2 + fcgi we get
the following error:

ruby: error.c:264: ldap_parse_result: Assertion `( (ld)->ld_options.ldo_valid ==
0x2 )’ failed.

Any Ideas ?

I don’t have any tips about your specific error but you may be
interested in
the ActiveLDAP project. It aims to be ActiveRecord for LDAP:

http://dataspill.org/posts/show/4

marcel

Marcel Molina Jr. removed_email_address@domain.invalid


#3

Thanks Marcel, I am aware of the ActiveLdap project and it the model is
based
entirely on ruby-ldap which I think is flawed. If you look at the
comment on the
blog entry you’ve send, you will see that someone is running into the
exact same
problem we are having ie fcgi eventually craps out.

Anyone running into this issue with Ruby-Ldap and is the Ruby-ldap
project
totally dead ?

Thanks…


#4

Thanks for the reply Matt. We are binding and reading only. We have a
very similar configuration -Apache version. I am thinking either bailing
out of Apache2 or going lighttpd. Not sure if this is web server related
though…

Which LDAP server are you using ?

Thanks !!


#5

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 05:31:27AM +0100, KiteSurfer wrote:

Thanks for the reply Matt. We are binding and reading only. We have a
very similar configuration -Apache version. I am thinking either bailing
out of Apache2 or going lighttpd. Not sure if this is web server related
though…

Which LDAP server are you using ?

We’re actually using LDAP to speak with Microsoft’s Active Directory,
both Win2K and Win2003 versions. Trouble-free so far…


#6

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 02:39:23AM +0000, KiteSurfer wrote:

Hi,

Anyone using Ruby-ldap withing Apache + fcgi ?

We are trying to lookup some entries in ldap using ruby-ldap and our scripts
work great from the cmd line, however when we run within apache2 + fcgi we get
the following error:

ruby: error.c:264: ldap_parse_result: Assertion `( (ld)->ld_options.ldo_valid ==
0x2 )’ failed.

This may not be very helpful but we are running Apache 1.3.33 + Rails
0.13.1 + FCGI Dev Kit 2.4.0 + ruby-fcgi 0.8.5 + OpenLDAP 2.2.26 +
ruby-ldap 0.9.1
on FreeBSD with no problems.

However, our use is bind & read-only…not sure if your error is related
to a write/modify operation.