Any coming IronRuby releases fixing igem this year?

Hello all,
I noticed IronRuby 1.1.1 has problems in igem where it fails to installs
gems due to some conversion issue from nil to string. IronRuby 1.0 is
compatible with Ruby 1.8.x which can run Rails 2.x not Rails 3.0.

I’m interested in learning Rails 3.0 on IronRuby and see how I can
integrate
.NET stuff with that.

So, is there any coming patch release or even git code push that solves
the
igem issues?

Will be great if I get something to play with in Christmas holidays, but
this might be very unrealistic anyway.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

*Mohamed Meligy
*Readify | Senior Developer

M:+61 451 835006 | W: www.readify.net
[image: Description: Description: Description: Description: rss_16]
[image:
cid:[email protected]]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/meligy [image:
cid:[email protected]] http://twitter.com/meligy
http://www.greatplacetowork.com.au/best/best-companies-australia.phphttp://www.readify.net/AboutUs/NewsItem.aspx?id=10

I believe I fixed this in main. So if you download the sources and build
it should work.

Let me know if it works for you. Maybe we should do a 1.1.2 release soon

  • it should be pretty easy - it might ease adoption of 1.1.

Tomas

[[email protected]] on behalf of Mohamed Meligy
[[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Ironruby-core] Any coming IronRuby releases fixing igem this

M:+61 451 835006 | W: www.readify.nethttp://www.readify.net/

cid:[email protected]] http://www.linkedin.com/in/meligy
cid:[email protected]] http://twitter.com/meligy
[http://gurustop.net/mail/signature/readify-50best.jpg]http://www.greatplacetowork.com.au/best/best-companies-australia.php[http://gurustop.net/mail/signature/readify-partner2010.png]http://www.readify.net/AboutUs/NewsItem.aspx?id=10

It doesn’t work for me Tomas. Same “can’t convert” error.

Debugging it I was able to find where the exception occurs - it fails
for me
at line 559 in the Runtime.Loader class with the error “no such file to
load
– rubygems/defaults/operating_system”.

Shay.

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Tomas M. <