I’ve just released Rucola 0.5
Rucola is a light weight framework that helps you write RubyCocoa apps.
It allows you to build, test, and deploy applications using rake
eliminating the need to use XCode for the most common tasks.
Rucola provides a set of generators to help you generate controllers,
and document-based applications. It also provides APIs for
simplifying some of Objective-C’s
ways of doing things.
New in this release:
- You can now specify your dependencies in environment.rb and they
will resolved and vendored in release mode.
This applies to gems and any other ruby lib. Because of this
agnostic system there might still be some edge cases, for this purpose
there’s the possibility to specify exceptions.
- In release mode RubyGems will NOT be loaded even if it’s required at
some point. This results in application startup time going from ~3
bounces in the dock to ~1.
- Added rake task for packaging a release build in a dmg
- Added rake task for uploading via scp, adding others is easy.
- Added rake task for creating a Sparkle appcast file.
- Added rake task that looks for textile files in ReleaseNotes/
AppName_Version and creates HTML for Sparkle.
- Added Rucola::FSEvents which is a rubyesque wrapper around FSEvents.
- Added Rucola::Reloader, which uses Rucola::FSEvents to watch the app/
controllers path for modifications and reloads the class.
In debug mode this will be enabled by default, you can override
this setting on the
- Added the Rucola::Log class and an extension to Kernel to access it
easily. (Manfred Stienstra)
- Added Rucola::TestCase which is a test case mixin, like the one in
Rails, which sets up a test case for a controller, defines helper
methods and creates stubs for all ib_outlets that are defined in the
- Added support for ruby-debug. If a call is made to Kernel.debugger
and the RUBYCOCOA_ENV is ‘debug’, then the ruby-debug library will be
required and ran.
- NSImage.imageNamed will also look in app/assets for a given image
- Added a script/console script which will run a irb console with the
application loaded. (Jelle Helsen)
- Added a simple model generator, which is simply a subclass of