We have released invoicing gem which helps you in creating, managing
generating pdf for invoices.
Bit of background: Invoicing gem was initially developed by Martin
Kleppmann (https://github.com/ept/) for generating and displaying
This release polishes the gem, makes it compatible with rails 3 and
4, adds pdf generation
- Store any number of different types of invoice, credit note and
- Represent customer accounts, supplier accounts, and even
multi-party billing relationships
- Automatically format currency values beautifully
- Automatically round currency values to the customary precision for
that particular currency, e.g. based on the smallest coin in
- Support any number of different currencies simultaneously
- Render invoices, account statements etc. into HTML (fully
- Export into the UBL XML format for sharing data with other systems
- Provide you with a default Value Added Tax (VAT) implementation,
you can also easily plug in your own tax logic
- Dynamically display tax-inclusive or tax-exclusive prices
on your customer’s location and preferences
- Deal with tax rates or prices changing over time, and
switch to the new rate at the right moment
- Efficiently summarise account balances, sales statements etc.
arbitrary conditions (e.g. data from one quarter, or payments due at
- Make gem compatible with rails 3 and rails 4.
- Add support for pdf generation for invoice. (requires prawn gem)
- Integrate rails generators for ledger items, line items, and taxes
- Rework all tests, and move to minitest.
- Integrate travis-ci, and fix several deprecation warnings.
Co-founder at Codemancers Tech Pvt Ltd