I finally got around to releasing the next version of Warbler. I try
to keep pace with JRuby releases but 1.1.5 had some bugs that I wanted
to wait out. As many of you know, Warbler uses a bundled copy of the
jruby complete jar (available in multiple versions here 1). If you
find yourself wanting to only upgrade JRuby, you can easily swap out a
different version in the warbler/lib directory where the gem (or
plugin) was installed. A full list of changes follows.
Thanks for trying Warbler!
- Allow framework auto-detection to be disabled. Set
Warbler.framework_detection = falseat the top of config/warble.rb
or uncomment the line from a newly generated config.
- Add configuration option to set manifest file (thanks Tommy McGuire)
- Mitigate RubyGems 1.3 compatibility issue (thanks Jens Norrgrann)
- Add experimental
war:explodedtask. This allows you to deploy your
application in an exploded mode, thus allowing continual development
without re-warring and re-deploying. Feedback is appreciated if you
try this feature; it may not work in all application servers and for
applications other than Rails.
- Handle Rails gem dependencies better (thanks Laszlo Bacsi)
- Auto-detect Merb dependencies (Merb >= 1.0 only). Please give
feedback if you try Warbler with a Merb 1.0 app.
- Ignore gem development dependencies
- Upgrade to JRuby 1.1.6 and JRuby-Rack 0.9.3
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit: