VTD-XML 2.10 is now released. It can be downloaded at
This release includes a number of new features and enhancement.
- The core API of VTD-XML has been expanded. Users can now perform
cut/paste/insert on an empty element.
- This release also adds the support of deeper location cache support
parsing and indexing. This feature is useful for application performance
tuning for processing various XML documents.
- The java version also added support for processing zip and gzip files.
Direct processing of httpURL based XML is enhanced.
- Extended Java version now support Iso-8859-10~16 encoding.
- A full featured C++ port is released.
- C version of VTD-XML now make use of thread local storage to achieve
thread safety for multi-threaded application.
- There are also a number of bugs fixed. Special thanks to Jozef Aerts,
Sillers, Chris Tornau and a number of other users for input and