We’re very pleased and proud to announce the release of Typo 5.2
“Helmut Newton” for Rails 2.2, the famous blogging engine, 4 months
after our last release.
Typo 5.2 is more than a simple port from Rails 2.0.2 to Rails 2.2,
it’s a major, deep, rewrite of the application. We’ve ditched lot of
code, aiming at stability and performance, dividing Typo’s memory
footprint by 4 on some large blogs.
We’ve also fixed a huge, very huge amount of bugs, too many to be told
here, actually, from functionnal aberrations to security breaches. See
the CHANGLOG for more information.
There are also some new features.
- A brand new admin, focusing on both efficiency and usability.
- The new editor, coming with easy to use XHTML quicktags toolbar for
people who don’t like FCK Editor.
- Search engine optimization everywhere on your blog. Too much to say
- A new theme catalogue, allowing you to browse and download up to
date themes from your Typo install.
- Our old code syntax highlighting plugin has been replaced with
- Excerpts, that allow you to display on your index something
completely different as on your article, which won’t appear on your
- Our live search, which was so hype 2 years ago has been
replaced with a more traditionnal and clearer search engine and left
as a plugin.
And many more you can read about on the official release note:
You can download Typo 5.2 on Rubyforge:
or using the good old gem
Install Typo from sources:
Install with Typo installer:
Once again, thank you to every contributor who made it possible.
Hope you’ll enjoy.