Yo people, just got done prepping a fairly major release of Substruct,
first and only open-source RoR e-commerce platform.
This release updates Substruct to Rails 2 / Engines 2, replaces
with attachment_fu, AND is the initial release that will be distributed
archive form. (Sorry no PayPal IPN support yet - within the next few
From now on, all new people to Substruct are recommended to download the
latest tar/gzipped archive avaliable here:
New install instructions have been placed on the site:
The new install method is MUCH easier, and includes a rake task that
checks if you have the correct gems installed.
I have only tested here on my OS X box, so hopefully things will go
on Windows as well.
*** Special thanks to Luke Ludwig for his contribution of this patch!
*** Visit his blog over @ http://lukeludwig.com/blog
- Added nice installer rake task
- Upgrade to Rails 2.0.2 / Engines v2
- Images and uploads switched from using file_column and rmagick to
using attachment_fu and mini_magick.
1. Make sure you have the mini_magick and mime-types gems installed.
a. sudo gem install mini_magick
b. sudo gem install mime-types
* Note: mime-types gem is only needed to upgrade, but is not
needed after the upgrade is complete.
2. Back up your database just in case.
* mysql example: mysqldump -u USERNAME -p DATABASE_NAME >
3. script/generate plugin_migration
4. rake db:migrate
* All of your uploads and images will be copied to a new
Since it is a copy it is non-destructive, leaving the
in their place.
5. Check out the new environment.rb file in the
seth at subimage interactive
Cashboard - Estimates, invoices, and time tracking software - for free!
Substruct - Open source RoR e-commerce software.