I’ve just pushed the latest version of Substruct, everyone’s favorite
CMS/E-commerce project out the door.
http://dev.subimage.com/projects/substruct/ is the home page if you’re
unfamiliar with it.
The release is available here:
And install instructions here:
Substruct Version Changelog and Update Notes
- Role Based Access Control
- Updated to Rails 1.1.2 - now included in the vendor directory
- New authority data for FedEx, be sure to reload authority data!
- Live content preview while editing CMS data
- Content URLs now auto-clean before validation (Ticket #22)
- Estimation of international FedEx packages.
- Including the shipping gem as a library now.
- Bug on new product creation where tags weren’t being saved
- Bug where it was impossible to clear all tags from a product once
- Adding multiple items to the cart object. Before it was only
at a time.
0. rake db:migrate:engines:substruct
1. rake load_authority_data !!! WARNING !!! This could overwrite your admin user! All that's needed is to update the shipping tables, so you could possibly extract those records by themselves and insert by hand. Yes, I know it should have probably been a migration...sorry. 2. Create an application specific application.rb file. (your_rails_dir/app/controllers/application.rb) It's contents should look like this: class ApplicationController < ActionController::Base include SubstructApplicationController end This makes sure that everything is loaded properly. Newer versions
Rails were causing issues with loading the application controller
the engines directory.