WebFaction have just released a screencast demo showing a step by step
installation of a Rails application (a Typo blog) on their servers.
The 14 minute screencast shows how to:
- Install a default Rails application using our control panel
- Link your application to your domain(s) using our control panel
- Create a database using the control panel
- SSH into your shell account
- Replace the default Rails project with your own project (a Typo blog)
- Install some additional gems (required by Typo)
- Configure your Typo application
- Restart your Mongrel server
- Play with your new blog !
The screencast is available at:
http://www.webfaction.com - Hosting for an agile web