RubyWorks production stack is a collection of open-source software
required to host a RubyOnRails application on a Linux server.
To set up a production Rails server, you point a package manager to
RubyWorks package repository, run one command, and few minutes later
you have a skeleton Rails application served by a cluster of Mongrel
servers, load-balanced by HAProxy, monitored by monit and controlled
Version 0.0.4 is the first release candidate on the way to version
1.0. The core stack has stabilized, and changes from 0.0.3 are all
- Officially supported x86_64 packages on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and
- Pre-compiled Ruby gems added to the package repositories:
rubygem-libxml-ruby, rubygem-hpricot, rubygem-ferret,
rubygem-ruby-debug, rubygem-rmagick. All these packages are optional
(not automatically installed with ‘rubyworks’ main package, but
available from the same RPM/DEB repositories).
- Added log rotation script /etc/cron.daily/rubyworks.logrotate.daily.
- BUGFIX: Corrected the value of clitimeout in haproxy.conf (changed
from 150 seconds to 15 seconds).
- Added documentation for individual components in the stack.
RubyForge project page: http://rubyforge.org/projects/rubyworks
Commercial support: http://studios.thoughtworks.com/rubyworks
Users mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org