[ANN] Ruby In Steel 0.75 now available

{{Version 0.75 of Ruby In Steel}} is now available for download. This
release includes significantly enhanced colour coding and collapsing for
both Ruby and Rails (RHTML) files and provides support for debugging
support for Ruby In Rails. Previous versions only provided debugging for
standard Ruby projects. The Ruby In Steel IDE is hosted within
Microsoftâ??s Visual Studio 2005 (Standard edition or better).

Download from The SapphireSteel site:
http://www.sapphiresteel.com/

The Features of Ruby In Steel 0.75 now includeâ?¦

** Editing **

  • Ruby code colouring
  • Ruby and RHTML code collapsing
  • â??Collapse To Definitionsâ??
  • Multi-level undo/redo
  • Comment/uncomment marked blocks
  • Bracket highlighting
  • Bracket matching (move between start/end brackets)
  • Drag/drop cut/copy/paste
  • View Line Numbers
  • Place bookmarks on selected lines
  • Multi-document tabbed editor
  • Edit one document in two panes (split window)
  • Find/Replace (with regular expressions)

** Debugging **

  • Breakpoints
  • Locals window
  • Watch Window
  • Call Stack
  • Tracing with Step Into / Step Over
  • Run to cursor
  • Interactive Debugging/evaluation in console
  • Click-to-find syntax Error List

** Rails Development **

  • RHTML code colouring
  • RHTML code collapsing
  • Rails New Project Wizard
  • Automatic database.yml creation
  • Automated database setup
  • Import existing Rails projects
  • Rails Solution Explorer
  • Dedicated Rails Toolbar and Menu
  • Dialogs to Generate Controller/Model/Scaffold/Other
  • Run Gems dialog
  • Integrated web browser
  • Setup MySQL/SQL Server/other
  • Fully integrated SQL Server development

** Project Management **

  • Organise multiple projects in branches in Solution Explorer
  • Add new items (from dialog)
  • Add existing items (from disk)
  • Synchronize Solution Explorer with files on disk
  • Toggle show all (hidden) files
  • Rename files in Solution Explorer
  • Set working directory for selected files

** Tools **

  • Import Ruby projects from disk
  • Open Command Prompt in selected directory
  • Build to check syntax errors in all files in a project
  • â??Start Serverâ?? Dialog
  • Configure Ruby and database path options, colours etc.
  • Properties pages for each file (set ARGS, Build properties etc.)
  • Project properties (set properties globally)
  • Pre-Build and Post-Build Events
  • Docked â??outputâ?? window
  • Docked interactive Ruby console
  • Popup â??Ruby Runâ?? command window

Does it work within VS2003 or just 2005?

Nic

Dr Nic wrote:

Does it work within VS2003 or just 2005?

It works only with VS 2005.

best wishes
Huw

How do I remove the steel icon in the VS.NET 2005 splash after I
uninstall
it?

“Huw C.” [email protected]
wrote in message news:[email protected]

On the splash screen icon. This failed to remove in 0.7 but has (I hope)
been fixed in 0.75. Is that the version you used?

A fix for this is to run the IDE setup from the command prompt (once
you’ve uninstalled Ruby In Steel) in your Visual Studio directory. That
is:

devenv /setup

As I say, to the best of our knowledge, this should not be a problem
with the current release.

Rafael S. wrote:

I have installed 0.7.5 on two systems (XP Sp2 and win2k3), on both
systems VS crashes /locks up when attempting to build a rails project
or debug the server. Running/building and debuging a non rails project
works just fine.

Regarding the above… we are not aware of this problem. We would need
more detailed information to help us to work out what is causing this.
I’d be grateful if you would contact us direct at support (at)
sapphiresteel (dot) com and we’ll try to figure out how we can solve
this.

best wishes
Huw

I have installed 0.7.5 on two systems (XP Sp2 and win2k3), on both
systems VS crashes /locks up when attempting to build a rails project
or debug the server. Running/building and debuging a non rails project
works just fine.

Building the same project works with 0.7.0.73.

Raf

failed for me too…

Error:

“Install failed: An exception occurred in the OnBeforeInstall event
handler of RM.Steel.SteelInstaller.”

Roland

Roland M. wrote:

failed for me too…

Error:

“Install failed: An exception occurred in the OnBeforeInstall event
handler of RM.Steel.SteelInstaller.”

Again, if you will contact us, we’ll try to find the problem. We will
need a few details in order to diagnose it. My best guess is that this
is either related to the version of Visual Studio you have (VS 2005
Standard or above is required) or - just possibly? - it may be related
to some non-standard directory locations or names. If you can contact us
at “support (at) sapphiresteel (dot) com” we’ll gladly go through all
the relevant details to try to solve this.

best wishes
Huw