I am happy to announce that Ruby 1.8.6 pl383 was been released.
This release is primarily a bugfix release.
* lib/rdoc/parsers/parse_c.rb: Fixed a small error in the
* ext/tk/extconf.rb: Added some additional paths where TCL
files are common found; fixes problems with building on some
* lib/complex.rb: Adjust #angle/#arg NaN return as per issue
#1715 and recent rubyspec changes. Adjust angle/arg handling of
(-0.0).angle as per r23960 & recent rubyspec changes.
* numeric.c, bignum.c: Applied changes from r23730. Infinity
is > any bignum number in comparisons.
* configure.in: fixed problems with using $libdir instead of
$prefix/lib for RUBY_LIB and friends.
* file.c: Added FCNTL inclusion to fix a compile error with
solaris (backport from r22812)
* gc.c: Fixed Backport #1322 [ruby-core:23050], backport of
r23257; Fixes a define_method scope bug.
* gc.c: Add a check for DATA_PTR(obj) to run_final as a
stopgap fix for debilitating segfaults.
* gc.c: Fixes warning: passing argument 1 of ‘add_freelist’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
* node.h: Remove surplus comma
* ext/socket/extconf.rb: Corrected function definitions to
specify return values.
* lib/date.rb: Removed private on to_date and to_datetime
* configure.in: Little fixes for x64 libdir/sitedir.
* lib/ostruct.rb: Fixed buggy openstruct#inspect recursion.
* test/ostruct/test_ostruct.rb: Modified tests to fit the
The most significant changes are in gc.c. If you have experienced
inexplicable segmentation faults with Ruby 1.8.6 pl369 or Ruby 1.8.6
pl369, you should look at upgrading.
Source archives of this release are available at:
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.